natural childbirth not painful at all

124»

Comments

• I was cut some what but the pain n urge to push were so intense that I did not feel when the doctor cut me! doctors.usually.do not let u tear they will cut you a lil if they r aware!
  • If u prepare for pushing with perineal massage and kegels, you may not tear at all, I didn't because doc let me push at my own pace rather than counting and holding my breath like u see on tv. After she crowned I made little grunting pushes til she was able to rotate and allow her shoulders to slide out.
  • I didn't do any of perineal massage or olive oil stuff... did all natural and didn't rip at all. My doc let me go at my own pace too. I'm a pretty small person, I think I didn't rip because I pushed at my bodys pace not the doctors. I think its important to know you can change you doctor at anytime. I have heard of women changing their doc the day they gave birth, because the original doc said they supported natural birth, and then change attitudes once ur in labor.

Also I got my exercise ball from target for like $15. I got mine early and would roll my hips and bounce on it when my brxton hicks would kick in, and lay across it while sitting on the bed when I couldn't sleep. I love my ball. After baby came I would softly bounce with baby and he would crash out. I think it reminded him of when I would bounce with him prebirth. He is almost 2 now and I can still comfort him on the ball :)
  • I plan on going natural also
  • Its worth it :)
  • I did all natural and loved it, I wouldn't trade the experience for anything :) thank you aortiz22 for making a positive space for natural birthers to go. There is often times so much shit we get for doing what we have decided is right for us and our baby.
  • I am 34 weeks and thinking of doing natural bith. I fear its too late to do any prep classes, any suggestions this late in the pregnancy? I also have a low pain tolerance.
  • I didn't take any classes. I just walked the whole time and laid down when it was time to push.
  • I would just read up on everything. Bradley has a book they give you with the class. You could read it on your own.
  • @cassiz22- I'm almost 33 weeks and haven't taken any classes either but I have a natural birthing website saved on my phone that has any and all info you might need. From making a birth plan to different relaxation exercises to labor positions. Is called birthingnaturally.net. Its really helped me.
  • Thank you for sharing, I'm going to check it out :)
  • @jojom what's the web site?
  • Birthingnaturally.net its a great site. I'm a first time mommy and its answered pretty much all my questions and taught me so much more.
  • edited March 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Im pregnant with mine and my boyfriends 4th baby and I had all 3 of my other kids naturally no epadural no medication and I believe girls are more painful than boys I have 2 girls one boy my 1st born was a boy and 2nd n third were girls so I hope I have another boy :) the doctors told me I was ment to have.babies I was like aah?? I had all 3 of my children within 15 minutes n I was only in labor for like 45 minutes if that...i had them all so fast thank God who else has had fast easy n not so painful pregnancys??
  • I had twins naturally :-) It did hurt, but I could control the pain by breathing. My only regret is that I asked not to be offered gas and air but they gave it to me anyway. I only had it for about an hour and got to 9cm before I had it, then I refused it at the end. I had the first baby on a birthing stool, the second on the bed with the end dropped down. This time i'm hoping for a homebirth. I guess a lot of you are from the US. It seems to be a lot more medicalised there than here in the UK :-(
  • Yah, we are more medicated then any other country in the world. And have the highest infant death rate. Sad. I've had both mine natural and no problems. Tore with my son but didn't even know untill she told me. Sad part is Dr's have us all convinced that we couln't possibly give birth without them and their drugs. So most women think its totaly nuts to do it. Yet, untill the last 80 years or so, that was the only way it was done! Seems more crazy to me to play around with drugs and things with a newborn baby. Especialy with all the birth defects and things that have come about in the past from drugs that were thought safe. I'll stick with what my body was created to do. I know most women are too scared to do that, and I don't look down on anyone for it. Lots of my friends have used the drugs. Just my personal feelings. There is nothing more powerfull or amazing then giving birth to that beautifull baby and knowing you did it all.
  • Rock on kmose77 those other women just don't know what they are missing. Yes we all get the same result, but what a beautiful experience it is to be aware of everything remeber every monent. I compare it to the first time you make love. It should be beautiful and in a safe familiar place like home. Not half aware and drugged up in unfamilar territory.

I love that I could get up move around and dint have to pee in a tube until the feeling came back to my legs.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I must say.. as a first time mom who wants natural birth - this discussion is very empowering and a great resource! I really appreciate everyones' input. It really has helped my nerves and gave me more ideas on what I want. Thank you all.
  • Right on @kmose77! I'm a first time mom and I don't want any drugs. Everyone is completely shocked that I want to do this all natural. I have repeated the statements "this is what my body was meant to do" and "its been done this way for YEARS" so many times it feels like I'm a broken record. My mother actually had the nerve to tell me that childbirth is Gods way of punishing us women for eve tricking adam to eat the apple. (I'm not a very religious person but my mom is.) And my mother in law just laughs at me and calls me stupid. The only people on my side are my husband and my sisters.
  • One last question, how much are the bradley classes?
  • edited March 2011
    Does anyone remember grandmas stories of 3 day laboring, no drugs of course, and now at 20 hours its taking too long? Why doesn't our bodies know what its doing and we need drugs...
    Sorry for those who don't get full support, everyone is telling me to give birth my way because its my experience.
  • Dang that's expensive! !!!! Now I don't know what to do :/