other kids whilst in labour

edited March 2011 in Giving birth
so when I go into labour kids will go to mums should I pack bags now for them I've packed.my bag, what do u do with other kids? im 30wks but I dont want my parents.stuck last time mum had to buy my son new clothes lol

Comments

• My son is 2 we plan to have him with us when I give birth. Not the norm I know, but something we have prepared him for and an important day for our entire family. We feel like our son should be included in the experience.
  • @aortiz22, how does your 2yo go seing u in pain. n what is 6oing 2 happen after the birth well he go home with hubby or what?
  • I'm doing the same. my hospital makes you stay for 3 days after :( my little one will be there durring the day but probably stay with my aunts at night. He gets fussy if he isn't in a normal bed. As for the pain, I had a virtualy pain free natural birth with my first, I'm hoping for a second. We have shown him videos and he comes to our bradley classes, so we do practice with rubbing my back and giving mommy kisses. he likes to feel like he is helping. I think he will apreciate his sister more knowing he helped mommy give birth :)
  • edited March 2011
    Also planning to have my daughter with me planning home birth for many reasons but hospital policy of no children in delivery room is a big one. I have no one who lives here that she is comfortable staying with and don't want to be separated from her or husband. Reading about how to prepare her.
    But I know that's not what u were asking, @bummy87 I wonder, is it possible to send them for a sleepover or two between now and then and simply leave some items there? Get a second toothbrush and special pajamas, make it fun for them, then no surprises for your mom.
  • wow u guys are brave, I honestly just was wondering if ppl had packed bags git tgere little ones the same time they packed there own hospital bags. mum is very adamit my kids arent there n I'm fine with that
  • Lol we have been doing roll play so my son knows what he is going to see. So the other day I was laying down on the couch with my knees up, and he runs over and holds my hand and started giving me kisses and rubing my shoulder. It took me a second to figure out what he was doing. He was acting like I was in labor. It made me even more confident about having him with us while I give birth.
  • My family all lives in 1 big house...me my fiance and our son...my mother and stepfather and we also have my niece and her mother with us...so I don't have to plan anything special for my son when I have this baby...he will probably spend a couple days at his other paps tho but he normally does that anyways every week