* first time mommy needing advice! *

edited March 2011 in First time moms
Ok so funny thing is.. I had two baby showers and got absolutely NO diapers or bottles! Lol I did however get a lot of gift cards (so I plan on buying diapers and bottles using those!

My questions are.... how many packs of diapers should I start out with in the newborn size?
&
What type of bottles would you recommend and why? I was thinking of using the even~flo bottles.. any input??

Thanks, ladies. :)

Comments

• Buy one box of newborn diapers becuz babys grow fast at first and the hospital provides some too (; and I used Dr.browns but their super hard to clean but help so the baby doesnt suck in air but I breast fed and hardly used bottles but Dr.s recommend even Flo
  • I do a lot of traveling so I'm going with playtex drop in's save myself some hassle.
  • I used the drop in's when I wasn't breastfeeding n I loved them, gonna use them with this baby too :)
  • I'd get 1 box of newborn n 1 box of size 1s. As for bottles I used even-flo with all 3 of my boys & will probly do the same with this 1. My boys loved those bottles their the only 1s they would use. I didnt breast feed so thats why I used those 1s. Good luck.
  • Just because they grow so fast I never bought nb diapers. I always use the 1's from the hospital ( they always send u home with plenty ) I agree with everyone else with the bottles as well
  • I got two small packs of newborn and a pack of sz 1. As for bottles I tried the even flo last time and didn't like them. I ended up with Dr browns.
  • With the bottles you need to make sure its easy to get the air out of. You will need to oush it out from the bottle before feeding the baby. I remember using the drop ins liner ones for my son (that was almost 6 yrs ago).
  • I liked the drop ins. They are super easy!
  • Thanks ladies! I was debating over the drop in's & the even flo lol. But it seems like there's a mixture of both.

With the drop in's, can you measure out te formula before hand?
  • the drop ins have measering ticks on the side so its all in one. I breastfed and pumped and my son went easily between the two... also you don't have to work so hard scrubbing them out and worrying about bacteria. My son is just coming off the bottle but we are keeping them all for our one due in aug
  • My niece had a variety of bottles - plastic, glass, drop ins. I found it much easier to use the drop ins. They were hassle-free, disposable, and were always in stock at my local stores. They do have measurements on the sides. I will probably be getting the drop ins for my little one. :)
  • Thanks for the advice and your opinions ladies! Thinking of using the driop ins... easier is sometimes better :)
  • I used to work at babies r us and the ones the moms always swore by was tommy tippy. They have excelent designs for keeping the baby from sucking in air and are super easy to clean :) I'm going to try to breast feed but if i can't then I'm going with tommy tippy lol
  • On bottles do u plan on nursing along with bottle feeding? I am going to use next to nature this time around
  • I've heard excelent things about tommy tippy I'm goin to use them when my baby is here my girlfriend used them and breast fed ans the babe didn't have a problem swiching forom breast feeding to bottle feeding when she wasn't home she loved them and she said there easy to clean if u have a babies r us near you I belive there buy 1 get 1 50% off
  • I will most likely breastfeed (or try) for the first few days atleast.. just so she gets all those good nutirents and vitamins they say you have after your first give birth.. might continue after if she's doing well with feeding.
    Ill have to look again at babys r us.. but then again I don't want anything too expensive as we will prob be a little broke when I go on leave lol.
  • On the diapers, id buy newborn cuz of the special unbilical cord cut out. More comfy for baby! And if you get too many of one size, dont worry! Most stores will let you exchange an unopened box or bag of them!
  • Lucky my son took any bottles,the one w/the bags so you can get the air out..so less gas..and for diapers I tired many brands I like huggies more then pampers..but the target brand , I think are are just like huggies..I tired playskool and they sucked!! Costco brand works the same as huggies too. Just thought id share that..cus they get expensive!