no appt until 12 weeks?

Anyone else not have their first ob app until thry are 12 weeks? I'm a nervous wreck due to a previous miscarriage.

Comments

• I Didn't have mine until 12 weeks.
  • That's kind of late...usually 8 weeks is the first and 12 weeks is the 2nd.
  • I don't get mine til 14
  • I got a doc app as soon as i found out, then first ultrasound at 12w, felt like i had to wait yearssss
  • My doc does the first one between 8-10 weeks. I was 9 my 2nd. Will be at 13
  • I had my hcg and progesterone levels checked at 5 weeks and both were low. She hasn't rechecked my progesterone level after 5 weeks of being on the suppositories. I don't want to both her but you would think she would want to recheck my progesterone level
  • Mine isn't till I'm 11w1d. I had a previous miscarriage in november and it kills me as well, I wanda get my ultrasound done already so I know my baby will survive );
  • I have my first apt on 8wks, but its just a poke arround, they told me I have to wait to hear the Heart till 12 weeks and they want to wait till I'm 6 months along for the first ultrasound.. I'm not happy with this as I have had 1 miscarriage and 1 full term but complicated/high risk pregnancy. I am going to demand earlier dates or change doctors.
  • Wow. I had my appt at 7 weeks, they did an ultrasound to check the growth and heartbeat. Same with my first baby. I'm 9 wks now. Next at 12 wks.
  • I also had a previous mc my dr had me go in at 4 weeks. I am now going on 8weeks I've seen her a total of 3 times now and she's done 3 u/s as well. Maybe you could ask them if you can go sooner?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @metabutterfly same here! But I guess it depends on where in the world you are? I had one at 10 weeks. And next this Monday at 14.
  • My friend has her first one at 20 weeks. I was 8 weeks but then they thought it was 6 weeks so I had another one and I am 8 weeks not sure when I will get the next one.
  • I had my progestrone lvls checked the day after I took a home test, and at 4 weeks, ultrasound at 6weeks then my ob at 8. But I also had a miscarriage before due to being rh- so I guess you would say I'm not high risk.
  • I'm considered high risk and had my first u/s at 6 weeks but I don't go back til 12 weeks I have 2 more weeks til my u/s and I'm going crazy! I had a mc with my first pregnancy so I worry.
  • My first appointment is next wk and I will be 14 weeks 2 days pregnant.
  • I was 14 wks for my first, just take prenatal vitamins, drink water & try to stat positive :)
  • Thanks everyone. I'm glad I'm not the only one having to wait until 12 weeks. I can't change my appt because she is hardly ever in the office it seems. I sure hope she is around on the day we schedule the c-sect
  • My dr says as long as your over 7 weeks. Good luck.