charlie horses, leg cramps....

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
I can't freaking deal with it anymore. I thought this pregnancy couldn't get any worse. Boy was I wrong. I keep getting these spasm things in my toes and on the sides of my calf muscles (mainly my right). It was so bad it literally woke me up out of a dead sleep this morning. I wanted to cut my leg off to get it to stop. It was excruciating and i was in f***ing tears. I remember getting Charlie horses when I was pregnant with my daughter but never, never nothing like this. Does anyone else experience this God awful agony, or know of anyway I can make this stop before I actually run head first, full force into a brick wall and knock myself unconscious????

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I do not have any experience with it during pregnancy, but I know an epsom salt bath has always helped relieved the tension and cramps in my neck, back, shoulders, and legs.
  • You need to increase your calcium intake...ur not getting enough.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • When I was in the hospital I had really bad leg cramps so they checked my potassium and it was really low so they prescribed me potassium pills and they worked almost right away!! It was like night and day difference so I totallyfeel your pain :( it's miserable
  • bananas! and lots of water, or maybe a gatorade. when you get a cramp, stretch out your leg and point your toes towards your head.
  • Thanks everyone. I'm gonna say something to the doc on Friday. I'm delivering on the 28th so atleast I don't have that much longer...
  • Potassium will help prevent. In the moment, stand barefoot on a cold surface.
  • I usually get the charlie horses at night but I've had them before pregnancy... it usually happens when i "kick" in my sleep. I try to stretch my legs before bed and eat a banana. When it happens I try so hard not to scream but its like the more you try to resist the more it hurts . Worst pain ever!!! :/