Am i the only one wanting ice?

edited March 2011 in Third Trimester
I'm 38 weeks and cannot wait to eat all the ice chips while in the hospital. I was in triage over the weekend with false labor and all I did was eat ice chips. Am I the only one?

Comments

• No ma'am! With my last pregnancy I started craving ice around 30 weeks and craved it after she was born. Lol I made my husband, bf at the time, drive to an all night store to get me a bag of ice. Lol What was weird for me was craving dirt and ice. Lol Ice cravings are normal from what I hear though so munch on!
  • I'm on my 33rd week and I'm chewing ice right now as I'm typing this response. Lol, I've been having the urge to chew ice and when there's no more in my cup I head back to the freezer for the ice tray, lol.
  • I just went in and smashed a bunch of ice to eat. I was in heaven when it snowed.lol
    I crave dirt with each pregnancy (this is my 3rd). I even looked up dirt that is safe to eat. Whitedirt.com haha extreme,I know.
  • Me too! I eat ice constantly, turns out its because I have super low iron and I'm anemic. Craving ice or dirt or clay is supposed to be symptoms of low iron. I'm on iron pills now plus the prenatal and still eat ice constantly lol.
  • When you crave ice it means you are low on iron. Please talk to your doctor about this.
  • My doctor knows. I take iron pills and prenatals every day. Doesn't stop the cravings.
  • Yup craved ice like crazy with my twins...it means you have an iron deficiency. Nothing to freak out over but you should tell your doc and start a supplement.
  • Same here girl. I get some strange looks from my fiance when I'm just standing at the freezer going to town on the ice tray lol
  • Omg I thougth I was the only one really I love the hospital ice and jack in the box its like snow and thats thats I'm 39weeks and he still doesnt want to come lol but other then holding him I think thats what I waiting for to
  • I work in a hospital and could eat all the ice I want. Ice is something I've never craved. 24 weeks. If I get the cravings later on I guess I will have the hook up.
  • @native_mama24 that hilarious,I keep my ice trays full at all times.
    @cant_wait93 I'm with you,holding my son is what I've been waiting for,the ice is simply a bonus.
  • @momamia87 yepp with the pain I am going to be munching like crazy ":0
  • @cant_wait93 the ice is a good distraction from the pain. Good luck to you mama. Congrats to all you ladies.
  • yea thank u n congrats to you to @momamia87
  • Thank you. :)
  • I've craved for Ice with my first and this pregnancy! BUt I"ve always loved ice either way pregnant or not!
  • Ive always loved ice especially hospital ice I can honestly say I've been to the er with sum crazy story jus to eat their ice
  • I be wanting ice so I just get a big cup of water with lots of ice in it.... my first pregnancy I alwayssss ate plain ice n ended up in the hospital because of dehydration.. I was eaTing too much ice n not drinking lots of fluids so be careful and drink lots of water and or juice n not just plain ice...
  • I'm 37 weeks today and I've been eating ice like crazy for the past 3.5 weeks. I went through a 12 lb bag of ice in almost 4 days.... redic. Lol