What birth control do u plan on using after baby?

edited March 2011 in Health
Im thinking mirena ...has anyone used it before? Positives/negatives?

Comments

• Getting my tubes tide! This is my 4th baby and I'm done.
  • I got the mirena after having my 2 yr old and loved it decided I wanted another baby after 1 1/2 yrs and removed it myself and was preg in 2 months it is great
  • edited March 2011
    Im thinking the same. I got pregnant off the depo shot with my first, 4 months after I had her got a surprise positive test and I was on the pill and we were using condoms....but I miscarried :( so we planned for this little girl. :) our girls will be 16-17 months apart, I think we will be done for awhile if not for good. Lol. I've heard very positive things about mirena, my 2 cousins have them and love them, never once had problems and they only get periods every few months. :)
  • I want to get on birth control after baby cuz I bird Ur more fetal after baby , is that true?
  • I had the mirena and hated it!! I got a horrible pain on my left side, never knew when my period would show up. And Omg the pain putting it in place...never again!! A few others I know love it. I guess like everything else, depends on the person. Not sure what ill try this time.
  • Mirena worked good for me great its lasts 5 years but im getting my tubes tide this time
  • @angie87 from what my doctor has told me, you are more fertile after you give birth, even if you breastfeed, so yes you have to be careful. :)
  • My friend loves her mirena too she hasn't had a period in 2 yrs she was one of the lucky ones lol. And she loves it
  • @KayleeAndAmaiyasmommy thank you ill have to research then what birth control I would like thank you again
  • Going back on the pill. Ortho tri cyclen.
  • Husbands getting a vasectomy :)
  • Abstinence, lol jk. And iud, this is my third and dont want another one for a while. I got pregnant twice while on bc.. So an iud is the best way for us
  • Tubes tied. If I wasn't I was going to get on morena!
  • Im leaning towards Mirena too. I like the idea of not having to worry about it everyday and the thought of no period is awesome.
  • Snreda- be careful with the IUD cause my sister had that & got pregnant & had to get it removed to carry the baby but she alsro got pg the very first time she had sex too. So maybe she's just cursed! I'm thinking heavily on tubes tied cause this will be my 3rd but my boys are 11 & 13 so maybe I'll have a lil sibling in a few years for this new one. My husband thinks this should be it! And well financially he's probably right.
  • My hubby getting the snip this will be are last one
  • I was on birth control pills but I hate having to worry about it every day, I tried depo shots but u cant be on it for more than a certain amount of time because of bone marrow loss something like that...
  • So with ther mirena you have no periods?
  • I was on the shot I hated it I blew up nd was so moody lol oh nd was losing hair =\ so I got off then pg about a yr later so this is my second..my sis has the mirena nd her sis in law too..her sis in law said it was painful when putting it in but my sis said no pain at all..I wanted the mirena too but the affects scare me lol like the mirena goin through the uterus wall nd getting stuck Idk they all have affects so I have to think about it..nd quick cause I'm due April 29
  • April 29 is a good day. Its my bday :) I am preggo with a boy. My hubby wants a girl so he wants to try again soon after our lil man is born, so no b.c for me
  • I'm getting my IUD back ASAP. We were thinking of getting the hubby snapped but now that I know I'm having a girl, I'm wondering if I'm going to want a boy in a couple if years. I loved my IUD. I had it for almost 6 years and got pregnant 2 weeks after having it removed! Yay!
  • Not to sound utterly horrible...but snip snip he goes. :)
  • I am getting my tubes tied and my husband is getting snipped.
  • Getting tubes tied. I got pregnant on the pill and on depo before, had BAD experience with mirena, i just don't trust birth control anymore. Im sure i will want to have another baby someday, but four is enough, and i MUST restrain myself. This is the best way. Hubby thinking of getting snipped, too, to be double sure. We know some women who got pregnant after getting tubes tied, and a couple of men that had kids after being snipped, so we're doing both.
  • My best friend had mirena and it fell out while she was having unprotected sex! So I don't think I will go that route!
  • Ortho tricyclen Lo ( Idk if I spelled that right). It worked for me, I didn't get pregnant the whole time I took it. And then when I stopped taking it I got pregnant the next month. I'm not pregnant right now, but I just wanted to say it worked for me.
  • Does anyone know anything about the implanon. The one that goes in ur arm
  • This is a great question because I have no clue I want my tubes tied but I have a feeling my doctor is going to give me grief about my age I don't think it should matter to be honest. I think that if people get to have a choice to have an abortion then people should also have a choice to tie their tubes. :/
  • I would LOVE to use implanon, dr recommended it for me a couple years ago and i didn't listen, so were getting fixed.