BIG INSURANCE PROBLEM!

edited March 2011 in Health
For women having a hard time getting insurance.
As a divorced, unmarried "housewife" I am having the hardest time getting on insurance. And I'm six months along. I am waiting for medicaid to get back to me as we speak. For the longest time I thought my fiance made to much money for me to get on. I have tried numerous outlets to be seen by a doctor.
Won't see me cause uninsured,
cause medicaid was my last insurance,
cause they won't let me pay outright,
cause I'm not married,
cause my fiances insurance changed,
cause the offices that take you without
insurance are full... ect!
Unbelievable!
If I wasn't on my fourth pregnancy and feel as good as I do I'd be really scared. I found out while standing in line at the welfare office from a random stranger that the clinic HAS to see you whether you're insured or not. Why couldn't any one of the numerous business's/doctor offices tell me this?!
I think it's important to know this. THE CLINIC CAN NOT DENY SEEING YOU whether you're on insurance or not!!!
If I would've know this I would've went months ago! If I don't get my paperwork back TODAY, I'm going.
Please pass the word around ladies for all the mommies out there who have the same problem... and are too embarrassed about it... just like me.

Comments

• bevbev
    edited March 2011
    Welfare needs to approve u when u r prg
    W/in days.... not that it happens...
    call the caseworker everyday... if by the end of the week...its not prcessed.... tell them u'd like to speak w/ supervisor
    Papers will get movin
    :-$
  • Your fancies finances or insurance shouldn't come into play for you. You aren't married, so its all based on you and you alone.
  • Fiances* sorry, autocorrect on phone.
  • @ng08 Yeah, I found that out too. I thought it was the same as food stamps which I had when I was a single mother. When my fiance moved in I didn't get them anymore because of his added income. I also let my medicaid expire cause of the same reason. it's just so frustrating to know that none of the people in all the medical fields didn't give me this info in the "millions" of times I spoke to them!
  • @bev gettin on the phone now! I even went to the welfare office (again), stood in line, told them my situation and they said they couldn't see me and just put my paperwork in the drop box. What the hell!
  • Huh... just got off the phone with them. Had my case started over a month ago and it hasn't even got to my case worker yet. Unbelievable, calling everyday will be part of my routine now:)
  • Wow! I must've left a good message. I HAVE INSURANCE!!!!! :) :) :) Just got the phone call. It's taken so long I can hardly believe it! @bev @ng08
  • Yea they welfare offices are horrible. I waited 2 months to hear if I was approved for insurance and that was with me calling everyday (only to be transferred to a voicemail everytime) and emails every other day. The dr wouldn't see me unless I pd 1000 $ for the 1st visit!
  • So glad u got insurance now yay
  • I had to get medical and I had the run around talked with the caseworkers superviser and got medical the next day
  • It's ridiculous the hoops you have to jump through. We tried everything! Never had such a problem:P
  • Ugh I had such a bad problem with them too. I don't have insurance because im not 18 yet so mediCal didn't wanna give me full insurance because im not 18. Im still covered on my moms insurance til im 25, but they don't cover me if im pregnant. Sooo that's where mediCal came in for me. It was a huge mess, but I eventually got it all figured out after I called my case worker daily and brought my mom and boyfriend in there with me. Haha
  • Not sure where you ladies are from but here you get temporary Medicaid to go see a doctor while your application is running. Where I am from you have to go to the health department make a test and they give it to you with a list who takes temporary Medicaid which is only for prenatal care not like medicaid which covers everything. A lot of doctors don't put up the signs that they have to see you because they are worried not getting their money. But law requires them to see you and give you the care needed entitled to medicaid or Medicare or any other insurance or not.
  • @ng08 whoever lives in the household has to be on the paperwork so yes her fiance's finances do matter because that would be household income and u have to report the total amount he makes
  • I also have never heard of it taking so long to get covered by medicaid everytime I have applied for my pregnancy medicaid coverage I have known within 7 days if I was approved
  • It can take up to two weeks depending on how fast you bring in the needed paperwork. And fiancees income does count on medicaid as well you live in a marriage like relationship.
  • In my state now the caseworker doesn't complete the case it is a state worker. I am dealing w my caseworker now on an issue w my 2 older girls bc they say that i didn't turn in certain paperwork and i did. My youngest will continue 2 have insurance but it is bc she is under 3. My caseworker treats me like an idiot, i am sorry but i have an education 2 and just bc i don't know the ins and the outs of the programs doesn't mean that i am an idiot, sorry to vent. My doctors office did my preliminary paperwork for pregnancy medicaid am hoping that it wont take as long this way. In the past it has taken up to 3 months for me to get the insurance approved
  • It was originally started in feb. If you look at my original post you'll see I exausted every avenue before I tried mediaid. Here they legally have close to a month to process your paperwork. Everyone and everywhere is different.