when is it a good idea to tell work?

edited January 2011 in September 2011
I'm due the 26, I found out 2 days ago that I'm 4 weeks. I'm a c.n.a and this is my 5th child. My husband and I are so stoked to be having another baby, but when should I tell my boss that we are exspecting? On one hand I do a lot of lifting and on the other I worked thrugh my other pregnacys just fine. Any ideas?

Comments

• is tell them soon , I was forced to tell my work because if the morning sickness I was nursing n they where very enforcing of no radiation n stuff once ttery found out but really I'd say when u feel u need to
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm 20 weeks and I have not told my boss yet I'm a can also and doctor said I can still lift. I'm just scared my boss will take hours away from me only part time right now.
  • *C N A* sorry! Lol
  • I would just say be careful. I told my work early this week and ever since I swear they are trying to get rid of me...I do hair so it shouldn't matter but its very obvious
  • @kenzie0713 I completely feel you... everyone at my job found out because my co worker has a huge mouth and now I found out he wants me "gone" at 5 mnths .... so I went to my head manager and everything fine now :) but @toeachthereown... you just tell em when you're ready but waiting just makes it more nerve wracking
  • Thank you all for the commits it does help..
  • You also have to be carefully at work because of cleaning chemicals, that's why it is important to let them know. They can't change your hours unless its recommended by a doctor really.
  • I just found out I'm pregnant and about 7 weeks! But HOW do u tell them.......just walk in and say hey I'm pregnant???? I work for a big retail pharmacy company and not sure how they would handle it at all???? What to do??????
  • I told my manager as soon as we got confirmation from our doctor because I was having morning sickness. I think it's important that all working moms do their research to know family medical leave laws. Employers who cut hours or terminate an employee because of pregnancy or any medical condition can face fines and lawsuits for retaliation. In the US anyway..
  • Hi, this is my 2nd pregnancy and with my 1st I told my highest boss immediatley. He was so supportive and helped cover up all my appointments and contact HR until I was ready to tell the rest of the office, they changed evening plans like do's to suit my non-alcoholic situation! Was taken out to lunch to celebrate having the office baby! We sadly had a miscarridge and they insisted I take 2 weeks off and sent me the biggest bunch of flowers! I have done the same this time but have kept it from the rest orf the office for a little longer, I find the manager has more respect knowing from the start so he can plan your cover etc so you can train people if you need to while its easier,hope its as easy for you as it was me, good luck xxxxx