sick

edited January 2011 in September 2011
Are you sick? How do you do to feel better? I need some help. I am so sick to my stomach I could go to work today. Help please!!

Comments

• I'm the same I'm always throwing up with a headache. Ugh I hate it I can't wait till aug can't take it no more! I feel your pain believe me!!!
  • I just started throwing up today. It's awful. I can't even sleep without being afraid to hurl.
  • I just keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end. However its hard when you are so sick. And my poor husband, I feel so bad. He does everything cooks, cleans, works full-time and still takes care of me. I wish I could do more but, whenever I try he tells me to lay down. I feel like a big baby :-S
  • How far along are you? I finally spoke up to my dr about how sick I was feeling and she wrote me an rx on the spot. Within a week I am a million times better...might be with the conversation with your dr
  • I'm 6 weeks and 3 days. That's good to know. I will call them tomorrow. Thanks!!!!
  • They have me zofran if that helps. At least I can talk now without gagging or running to the bathroom...good luck
  • Zofran is Heaven sent lol also try lemons :) I put them in my water or suck on one if its really bad goes away almost immediately!!
  • Lemon water did help! Lemon lime gatorade did and they say ginger tea although I can't prove that theory.
  • You guys are the best!!!! I will try them all and let you know how it works. I have been sipping Ginger Ale today and that has helped a bit.
  • Hey ive found that eating a little something before I actually stand up and.get outta bed in the morning is the only way for me to not be throwing up all morning. like saltines and now I have a box of chewy bars next to my bed so we'll see how that goes. But otherwise if I get up and then eat I will be huggin the toilet for sure.
  • I am exactly 6weeks today and started the throwing up. I can't find anything to help it. I just want to scream
  • I drink water with lemon cucumber and ginger root. Sounds crazy but it works and its refreshing. Started drinking it during a cleansing and body detox when I stopped drinking caffeine and cut out stuff like fried foods and have sense discovered it helps easy my nausea.
  • Ginger ale or ginger snaps. And lemon works too. I liked lemon drops when I was really sick or lemon heads.
  • I have found I have to be eating/putting something in my mouth every about five minutes and I'm okay. I have also found popsicles help :-)
  • So my mom raves about the dry diet from when she had my twin sisters. Basically, it means don't mix liquids with dry or solid foods.

So I hadn't drank any water because I was horribly ill for a while. Then I ate some grilled pork chops and mashed potatoes my parents brought me from the cheesecake factory. Then I waited half an hour and started sipping water. It was kinda weird not drinking anything while I ate, but I don't want to curl up on the bathroom floor with a pillow and blanket in the dark.

I'm going to drink some milk and wait half an hour to eat my banana cream cheese cake.