Who knows wives tales?

edited March 2011 in Pregnancy symptoms
Does anyone know any fun wives tales that tell you if your prrgnant or no.. Its a little soon for me to take a test so im just looking for something fun and to ease my mind a litte

Comments

• Animals that once had no interest in you are now protective or cuddly.
  • Oh Em Gee... my grandmother is the Queen Bee of wives tales. I can go on for days.

My favorite one... and yes I tried it and it works.

When you no longer want to breastfeed and you can't get your milk to dry up. Go to home depot or OSH or wherever... buy a red brick. Put the brick on a cookie sheet and bake it until its super hot. Take the sheet out and milk your breast onto the brick.. it should sizzle. Next morning you'll be dried up. No joke!
  • What??? That's so cool! I want to hear more!!!
  • I know 2 the first is buy mustard powder and run a warm bath and pour the powder in... sit for about 30 min. If you don't start your cycle by the next day you're expecting. The second that works well is also to dry up breast milk... cut a cabbage sheet for each breast cut a hole for the nipple and wear it in your bra. It dries up the milk very effectively. :)
  • Okay... what about going into labor.

If your past 36 weeks and your ready to deliver (tired of being pregnant)

Buy Castro Oil at a pharmacy, drink 2 tablespoon of it. (good luck keeping it down.. yuck)

Within a few hours you will go into labor. As soon as the contractions get 3 mins apart. (and trust me they will and quick) have deep penetrated sex (good luck doing that while contracting) but the sex will strip your membrains and with the contractions you'll start to dilate. Grab you bags and head to the hospital.

Yep.. I did this too, for baby #2 and #3.
  • Gender perdiction Test.

You have to be atleast 20 wks.

3 ounces of urine
    2 tablespoons of drain-o

Pee in a cup. In a "glass" put the Draino in it... add urine and stir tor 10 seconds

if its brownish its a boy, if its still clear after 10-15 seconds its a girl.

never tried this one.
  • @aihmommy that sounds cool lol but I never heard of mustard powder.. But dies it make you smell like mustard
  • @YNVTish does your grandma know any to predict if your pregnant
  • Any fish dreams!?
  • @jenn_929 I was gonna say the same. If someone close or n da family dream about fish, someone is pregnant
  • @Taby82210 ... I just talked to my grandma. Mind you she's tickled she's the talk on the internet. LOL

She said if your mom, grandma or 1st Auntie dreams of fish swimming up stream... a maternal kind of figure in your family. That's kinda what everyone else said too.

She also said that your butt or hips will look different... slightly spreaded.

Also to look at your tongue it may have a somewhat white coat on it.

The last is... she calls it "The taste of life" your mouth will taste different over night... when you wake up you should notice it.

My grandma has a answer for everything... too cute. It's like visiting the wizard of oz.
  • @YNVTish tell your grandma I said thanks alot(:
  • @Taby88210.. are you pregnant
  • I had fish dreams when I thought I was pregnant. Found out the next day what the dream ment found out two days later I was pregnant.
  • @YNVTish well I havent tested yet but I think I have the slight white coat but im not sure but the hips and the dreams I have no idea lol
  • I'm 5 Montserrat n dreamed I caught a fish n a lake last night.... n the lst time I went fishing was like 12 years ago
  • Wow, so interesting
  • The draino pee test for predicting gender produces a toxic odor that could be harmful. Don't do it! It's not worth the risk.
  • In Ghana they say you are pregnant with a boy if little bots who like u before you were pregnant wont come around you and vice versa with girls. They say that a toddler with know the sex and be jealous you r replacing them
  • Castro oil works!! Put me in labor, I put it in oj ... doc told me to lol
  • What about wives tales to make milk?
  • @blissmarie23 that jealousy of your child is so dead on. My 18 yr old girl is jealous.. they time me it was a boy. Went back and its really a girl.
  • @mommyto1soontob2 for making milk you can do a few things.

1) drink beer the yeast produces milk. (I've tried this.

2.) 2 Table spoons of pizza yeast mixed on peanut butter, spread on some toast and eat it. Do this on an empty stomach because after this lil piece of toast pull be full once the yeast gets going in your tummy. (never tried this)
  • My Grandma has a dream about a dead realitive everytime someone is pregnant. She'll have the dream and call everyone to tell them to test. She's never been wrong. Last time I was pregnant she dreamed twice. I told her I was, no one else came forward. A month later I found out it was twins!
  • @taby82210 im not sure never tried it just heard about it. Lol im sure you could use some bath and body works to get the smell out if there is one
  • I can't drink beer, ill throw up. The taste hits my tounge and its all over lol