really right now?!

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
Does anybody else feel like signing up for things like wic and insurance for the baby is like pulling teeth??

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Its pretty easy in kc too...just gota provide and take a lot of info...
  • lucky!! Its like pulling teeth in ny
  • Easy here in RI also
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Its simple ad fast here in WA
  • I s5ill live with my dad and he makes quite a bit of money so they won't let me near wic...and freaking social services I've been there three times and they're just jerking me around...I just wanna go in put my paper work in and it be done but no that can't seem to happen...gah
  • I don't understand why my dad income matters....he's not paying for my kid I am!!! I'm so frustrated
  • I know...that sucks they go by everyone you live with...
  • When we lived with my in-laws key didn't count their income. They considered us our own household. Talk to them...
  • Thanak you @mrs_wainright ill look into that
  • It may help if your dad wrote a letter stating that he is unable to provide support beyond housing. Get it notarized. That's usually what you have to do in TX.
  • Signing up for any assistance is a hassle if you have a lot to put down.
    In Minnesota I had no problem with anything, I lived with a friend and her family, but they wrote a note saying I provide for myself.
    I haven't yet tried anything here in South Dakota though, but from what I've heard, any assistance is a lot harder to qualify for.
    So glad I don't have to worry about insurance for myself or my baby.
  • edited March 2011
    Yes Txmoorekat is right that's /usually h it. Goes
  • I'm sorry you're having a hard time. In Oklahoma they don't even ask for proof of income they just ask how much you make to get on medicade. I don't know about wic but I'm pretty sure if you have medicade you're automatically elligable for wic.
  • Yea when I lived with my mom with my first, they counted us as separate households they would ask if we prepared meals as a group or if I prepared for.me n my son, and she provided her own separately, then she wrote a note saying I provide for myself n child and she provides me shelter but would have to pay her rent when I was able. Which I did.