First Time Dad

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
I am a first time father and I really don't know what to do to make my gf happy. She is so ........ lol. I should be careful wit my words. But she is very 'moody'. One minute she's happy, the next she's sad, then angry, then trying to kill me..... and all I did was ask what she wanted for breakfast. Just looking for pointers to make the 8 months go by smoothly...

_Reply plz.

Comments

• ohh its gonna be a longgg ride lol...but just take her side make her happy. and belive me shes gonna want to be with you all day all the time. have time for her and tell her how beautiful she looks pregoZ;z)
  • Awww thanx for the advice thts my bf and baby ur doing great so far keep it up and try to be more patient and understanding it's a lot to take on
  • Yes just always say nice things even if already do lol and just hold on bc its going to be a bumpy ride. The mood swings will get better but come back towards thr end. I have 8wks3days left and my mood swings are ack full force! But I give you mad prps for being on and asking what to do! Congrats and good luck!
  • Be careful what u say-seriously think bout it and if u think there is a chance it will upset her. Remind her of how beautiful she looks and how much u love her regularly (and not just by grabbing her butt or chest!) Avoid the mention of her size-my hubby made the comment "u need to buy clothes that fit-not that u want to fit" I was already an emotional wreck bc I couldn't find a nice outfit to wear to church...I could have killed him! Nice gestures like housework here and there go a long way as well. That and small gifts (her favorite candy or a something that u know will make her smile that is just between the two of u) that tell her u were thinking of her today r also nice. My hubby used to buy me flowers (when we were dating-not really since lol) and have them on the table when I got home. It was so nice to know that it was just bc he loves me! Lil notes around the house can b sweet too. I became a nightmare w my first pregnancy...we live w my parents now so I can vent to my mom easier now and don't get as frustrated and snap at him now but I think him doing SOME of this would have helped. It's really easy to end up in the dog house at this time-always be doing things to help keep yourself out!
  • I would say the same just do as she asks and if she says leave her alone do it. Shell ask where u are once she realizes!! Lol. Your already super for being on here and tracking the pregnancy. Women love a guy that's into their baby!! Make sure to go to all Dr appointments. That always makes me feel good. My man is completely into going to those. ( he brings his headphones and zones out in the waiting room but its better than him not being there at all). Be 100% & let her bs fly out ur ear shell get over it and you'll see she will need u when the baby comes especially if she has a csection. Good luck to u and ur lucky lady and baby :)
  • Thanks so much. This advice will be well used.