Cramps at 5 weeks normal or no normal help ladies??

edited January 2011 in First Trimester
Im having cramps there.not really bad but im worried ??

Comments

• It's normal to have some mild cramping. Don't sweat it!
  • I've had some minor ones. I read about it a few different sites and it says its your body getting ready to support the baby.
  • Omg thanks ladies me and baby daddy were freaking out ;
  • I'm 8 weeks and i still get a little of the cramping feeling. Its your body stretching to get ready for the little one :) it starts to go away and it only happens a few times during the day now :)
  • I'm 10 weeks, still get those cramps daily. Not real bothersome when I'm busy, just when I relax.
  • I get em wen I go to bed I cant sleep on my side nomore cuz it hurts
  • Many women get concerned by cramping that they experience in early pregnancy. Some might worry that this is a sign that their pregnancy is not viable and that a miscarriage is on its way. Fortunately, more times than not, that isn’t the case. Cramping in early pregnancy is common and usually very normal. Some women might feel cramping as soon as seven days after they ovulate. If they are in fact pregnant, then this cramping is called implantation cramping and is the cramping that occurs when the egg attaches itself, or implants, to the uterus. It is not cramping that all women feel, and can be easily unnoticed.
    Some women start cramping shortly after they get a positive pregnancy test as their uterus starts preparing to carry a baby for nine months. The uterus is a big organ and as it grows in early pregnancy cramping is expected. If the cramping is constant or too intense for you to handle however it may not be “normal” and you should call your doctor if you feel you need to for reassurance.