Hemorrhoids...?

edited February 2011 in Health
How would you know if you had this while pregnant? I've heard its common for pregnant women.

Comments

• I asked the same thing a few days ago and didn't get ne answers...mmmmm....I haven't found nething out yet but when I googled them I almost threw up at some the pics....so don't google...lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2011
    Oh my god. I just googled it. Bad idea
  • Are the veins like bubbles or just extra skin or what does it look like? The ones I saw were severe cases and it scared me ....lol I just don't wanna sound like an idiot when I tell my doc....ummmmm...I think I have hemroids but maybe my butt is swollen....lmao its a gross subject but I gotta laugh
  • Lmao...I tried to warn yawll....I can't stop laughin....ouch it hurts to laugh so hard ...bc if yawlls faces look like my face did its halarious!
  • I haven't got all out hemroids, but I've been getting a lot of irritation that I'm afraid it could easily get ugly if I don't do something about it. I was going to get the Preparation H wipes, but my mom told me they're just witch hazel. So I checked and sure enough, 14% witch hazel is the only active ingredient. For $10. For a few wipes.

So instead I got the normal flushable wet wipes we always get, so I can keep it clean, about $5, I think. And a bottle of witch hazel, $2, and it's much stronger than the wipes. So I poured some of the witch hazel onto some TP after I had cleaned up, and blotted my bum. It had an immediate soothing effect and I was really surprised how quickly it got rid of all irritation. I'm going to start using witch hazel for all my first aid needs!
  • I was wonderin wat it was so search it on google omg I feel like I'm goin to be sick I should of listen to u ladies that said don't google it
  • I've had hemmroids since about 6 or 7th grade. They are caused by either straining when trying to poop ( which was my case ) or just straight out pressure.. they can be as mild as just irratated skin inside you butthole like a swollen vessel or as bad as to actually hang out of your butthole. It looks like a little blood vessel sack. My doctor told me not to use the wipes while preggo due to the moistness and cause bacteria. But they can prescribe you cream if theyy are bad, which if you are as constitipated as myself ( sorrrrry for all the tmi) you will need some cream. Btw they may also cause bleeding if you have a bigg bowel movement. Hope that helped :) @mandygregory
  • Tmi but I went to the er because I had hemorrhoids that I had cut. They would not stop bleeding since they where cut. The doc told me they would need to do an exam but he just looked at my butt and said yup you have hemorrhoids but anyways he told me use tuck pads and after 2 days I was good again
  • I had a very lift light case of hemorrhoids... Nothing hanging. Just some blood in my stool. Only had it for 2 times I went pooo. Lol it clears up by itself, but all you gotta do is not sit around all the time and drinkk lots of water and fiber hahaa. You guys make it sound so horrible but I didnt even feel anything
  • I drink more than 80 oz of water a day. And I work in child care, I can't sit around all day. I'm lucky that they haven't been too bad, but it's still uncomfortable. And if it's easy to treat, then that's one less discomfort to put up with during pregnancy. And some women get them bad.
  • In my opinion hemmorhoids are the worst part of pregnancy! I get them bad with every pregnancy. I am not looking forward to them at all. I can barely walk with them. Not evry woman gets them and everyone that does gets them to a different degree. I am one of the unlucky ones.