its my first, and his second. opinoins welcome.

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
His daughter is 10 and she is so used to being the only one. They are going through a divorce, and she is stuck in the middle. What's worse is I can hide my physical appearance for so long. Any symptoms I can't hide. He has court on April first. By then ill be 11 weeks. Around the time to start telling. It's rough cause she is ok with friends. But she doesn't really share and we have brought it up...which she states she doesn't want a sibling. But one time asked me if me and her dad had a kid. What would you name it. But that was when her mother would talk to us. Now civil has gone out the window and his daughter is brainwashed. And suggestions would be helpful.

Comments

• From what I know from other people, she may be upset at first, but should get over it. I would just try to wait to tell her after the court date, she is going through enough with that alone!
  • For sure waiting till after that. Dunno how to bring it up. This time its my discussion too. Not just his.
  • I'd wait a good month after their court date....you don't want to worsen the situation.
  • Hopefully she will surprise you. Get her really involved in getting ready for the new baby. Let her help get the nusery set up, etc... maybe it can be something exciting fpr her to look forward to amoungst all the crap ;)
  • I just know how quickly she flip flops. So a month after? I'll start showing I'm sure tho. We just need opinions. He is very anal about telling her. And now I'm too early to tell her but ill be 3 months after court. Thanks to you all this is where my stress threshold is. Her and her bitchy mom. It's a war so this is hard.
  • A Girl I'm n the same situation. His daughter is 11. Her mother is the same way...brainwashing her. We havnt even met cause her mom wants to b involved in it. Me & him feel it should be between the 3 of us & that her being involved is only going to make a bad decision worse. As a mother of a 9 year old boy that's been through a divorce I completely understand wanting to meet the ex new partner but I feel she is out of line trying to put her daughter n adult situations. Its hard to
  • @mommaE holy sh!t. Same boat wish I could talk to you for some support. Are you on Facebook? Or email. I think you could help so much! Hugs hugs hugs.
  • ericaleerogers@gmail.com. crazy huh hit me up anytime maybe u could help me too