My Bestfriend Didnt Tell Me (Long) Advice is much Appreciated..

Im 15 weeks Pregnant an one of my bestfriends out of the two that I have is 10weeks pregnant. Since she found out she was pregnant about a month after me she's been distant and the only time we really talk is when I call or text her. Before that we would talk all through out the day and everyday. Her BD just lost both of his twins last year (not by her by the way) an I figured they were just trying to be about themselves and their relationship. Before she found out she was pregnant it was already said that she would be the God Mother of my child, but since we haven't been really talking lately I've been rethinking, talking to my bd an mother I came up with the decision that i was going to make our other bestfriend my God Mother.. sooo I texted her today I was going to tell her I know she got a lot going on with a baby of her own and another God Child on the way that I was going to make our other friend the God Mom, and she tells me she Had A MISCARRIAGE earlier this week and I felt soo bad.. an I feel that she really isn't going to talk to me simply because I still have my baby an it maybe too much for her to handle. But it hurts because I would've been there for her if I knew and why didn't she tell me? Should I just not talk about my pregnancy at all with her? I feel like I will never be able to show my genuine happiness around her or with her because she will always be sad.. and should I still make her the Godmom simply because I feel bad? Idk this is my bestest friend so I thought I'm so hurt an confused an sad any advice?

Comments

• This is hard. I'd try to talk to her. She needs support. But you have to remember that this is a time you deserve to be happy and if she's unwilling to support you, then maybe you should take a break from each other so she can grieve and then slowly see if things can go back to normal.
  • Personally i would try not to speak about baby, but in a few weeks sit down have a chat with her about if she's ok, cos obviously you gotta be happy about your pregnancy so i think she will understand but right now i think pain will be a bit to raw good luck xx
  • I know when i had a miscarriage and my best friend was still pregnant it still hurt But she didn't loose contact with me. She really helped me through it and only talked about her pregnancy when i brought it up. Only thing that hurt me the worse is if she was having a girl she was going to name her the same name i was going to name my girl. . But just be there to help her through this hard time. She really needs someone right now
  • @twinkiesmom Its just wierd you know me an her did everything together before all this pregnancy stuff, an she went with me to my first u/s she saw my baby moving and heard the heartbeat but even then she wasn't genuinley happy she was always questioning if her pregnancy was viable because I was so sick and she wasn't so she always had it in the back of her mind.. I just miss her :( I tried talking to her she said she would hit me back later an never did idk wat else I could do? I'm mostly sad because she felt like she couldn't even tell me when it happend she make me feel like things will never be normal
  • @babymama I try to be there seem like she's pushing me away she says she's "keeping to herself" but I know that's not it I dnt wana harrass her I wana give it time but how much longer do I gota go without my bestfriend? I feel so bad I would've been there for her right next to her.. when I had a miscarriage she was there for me its like she won't let me be there for her an that hurts more then anything
  • @samiuk ill try hope it works I jus wana cry she don't even know this effect it has on me nor do I think she cares
  • edited March 2011
    Aww but it will! You know friends have ups n downs but true friends stay friends. N maybe she didn't tell you because she didn't wanna upset you during a happy time n your life. But still try to be there for her. She needs you. I'm actually going thru something similar with my bestie but not anywhere near this serious. Point being. I think you should try to talk to her. You're both experiencing changes but your friendship doesn't have to be one of them.
  • Maybe she does just need a little time. I would still keep tryin just so that she knows you care. She could have post partum (however you spell it ) depression.
  • @twinkiesmom I dont want our friendship to be one of them, but idk if I shud just keep trying to talk about it or just wait until she comes around I just wont talk to her about my pregnancy until she does