Tatoos while preggo

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
I am 10 weeks into my pregnancy. My dad died a week ago. I would like to get a tatoo in honor of him. Would it be ok or are there concerns in this matter. need to know soon. Please help!!!

Comments

• @Mommie_of_2 No tattoo artist will tattoo you while u are preggo. Your going to have to wait until the baby comes.
  • You can get piercings tho right.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @soon2bemommieof2 Yeah piercings are fine, but tatts are a no go.
  • I think that due the infection both tattoos and peircings should not be done during pregnancy. Also with peircings they will make you take them out at the hospital to deliver which will give it time to close. Both are best saved for after baby comes.
  • I mean I got a tattoo When I was pregnant w/ my son it was a total of 3 tatts - buh I didn't know I was pregnant and I was like 3 weeks tho & the hospital never made me take mine out when I went to have my son and I had my tongue lip nose and eyebrow maybe piercings down there buh my piercings never interfered with my labor and ddilervery
  • Thanks ladies I wasnt sure if it was ok or not.
  • @soon2bmommiof2 your lucky, most hospitals make you take them out!
  • My brother works at a tattoo shop & the reason for the no tattoo/piercing thing is infection. You can get an infection & they don't want the liability, so that's y they usually wont pierce/ tattoo u if your preggo.
  • U must not get tattoos or piercings while preg because ur body reacts differently to these things and can cause a severe infection which can enter blood stream and go to baby don't even try to take that risk with ur unborn child inside of u be safe not sorry
  • And if u end up by any chance having to have a c section they WILL make u take out all piercings
  • I had a cesc & didn't have to
  • Well then u actually could have sued ur doc because they are supposed to make u remove any metal when u have surgery
  • Well i didn't have a csection and I doubt I will have one with this baby buh If I do then I see the reason to take them out buh not for a vaginal delivery
  • Well, I think the least of their concern at the time was the state of my ears. But anyways, back to topic, in Va, no artist will tattoo you, & depending on where the piercing is, most places won't pierce you either. Sorry ladies.
  • I didnt think it would be a good idea to do it while I was preggo
  • Most places won't let u get tattoos when ur pregnant cuz the hormones in ur body can reject the ink and then it won't take or fade... etc