Mary jane

Comments

• Also in Ohio my sister smoked with all four and a know at least 10 other women who also did. Babied all perfect and healthy and babies never tested for thc.
  • Im blown away by this post... cocaine is from a plant too.. just because its from the earth it doesn't mean it was intended to smoke OR that it doesn't effect your body.

Once you become pregnant... your body is no longer yours!!!

I'm in Cali and they blow much weed out here. Any street drugs and even some prescription drugs are illegal while pregnant. California has no tolerance and will report you in a minute if your pregnant and smoking.

Vaporizing weed is a joke. The smoke is only a small part of the issue, its what the weed contains. For those ladies that feel its okay, please do you research... please! No doctor will tell you its okay to blow while pregnant.. that's crazy. If it was okay they give you a prescription to get your license to buy weed legally. And their not!

Take care of your bodies and your babies!
  • I was an everyday smoker before I found out that I'm pregnant. I quit the day I found out. My doctor and WIC counselor know and they're just glad that I'm clean. It was super easy for me to quit smoking and drinking beer. The health of my baby is more important to me than getting stoned or drunk. Its not so easy to quit drinking soda and coffee tho. I limit them to 3 drinks a day max.
    For the depression, what cured me was getting away from what depressed me: my alcoholic/drug addicted parents who constantly fought. Sometimes getting away will clear up your sadness. In your situation with your dad sick, that's not really an option. For everything else that depresses you, just get away from it. If your bd is a useless jerk, dump him. If your car keeps breaking down, trade it in or sell it. Those are just examples. I didn't gather that your bd is a jerk or that you have a crappy car from your posts :)
  • edited March 2011
  • @ynvtish not saying its ok to smoke while pregnant, but the cocaine example isn't that great. Cocaine is highly processed, like meth. Marijuana is smoked in its natural form unless tainted with another substance. From what I understand (I was a user, not a grower) you pick the buds off and dry them before smoking. Coca leaves are chewed by natives to relieve altitude sickness or to get them through a long day of work without breaks from fatigue or hunger, but cocaine is different.
  • Highfrutose corn syrup! Natural from corn but highly processed and also addictive! Bad bad stuff! Its in everything! :) that's a good example of cocaine? Lol
  • @VictoriaB your right cocaine is different. I'm very aware about how the natives, Jamaicans, and many more different people use it. Cocaine is also used by them for medical purposes as well. These cultures have been doing this for years.

Do you see these law commercials saying.. if your momma used blah blah and you were born with a tick (or whatever disorder) you may be entitled to money?

What these ladies are missing is... this is 2011, medical practice and research has come a long way. They find out everyday that certain old ways of medicine were bad. If they say don't do it while pregnant... listen!
  • @VictoriaB ... old natives would use the cocaine plants freshly picked.
  • @ghettobetty great example. Coke soda had cocaine in it for years.
  • @ynvtish, that's what I meant by the natives using the leaves. Sorry if it was unclear. My point was just that its natural and not nearly as devastating to the system as cocaine powder is. I don't have TV so I don't see those commercials. Lots of stuff just isn't good for baby :(
  • Peoples. This thread is about looking for support for depression. The poster quit smoking. She's depressed. We're supporting her not smoking. We, meaning fellow pot heads. We all agree we don't want to smoke while pregnant.

She is also afraid that, because she made a decision she now regrets, that her family may be at risk.

Please calm down.
  • Sorry was just joking...
  • We all just care... and concerned!
  • edited March 2011
    I'm talking more about the people freaking out about people smoking. Especially when all previous posts were about not smoking.

Edit: ok... most. Not all. Whatever.
  • I am a dcfs social worker from cali. I guess technically ur child could be taken at birth if they test positive, but every decision is made on a case by case basis. I have worked as a social worker for 6 yrs and never had a case for a child that tested positive for weed. Doesnt mean its never happened but i personally have not come across it

We also do not go out 2 investigate child abuse for parents that do drugs unless there is some additional risk to the child...like the mom left her 3 yr old home alone to go score some drugs. Then of course we would go out to check on the child...but not if someone called and reported that a mother was smoking weed or even smoking meth we cant go out just because of the drug use itself.

The only cases i have had regarding marijuana is after we removed the children for some other reason and as part of their case plan to get their child back they have to drug test. I cannot return a child if the parent continues to test positive.

Probably more info then u wanted but i just thought i 'd share my experience.
  • Wow really high frutose corn syrup haha it is no worse than plain sugar all it is is corn sugar
  • I wish people would stop commenting on these topics with ignorant answers. Its 2011 people. Do your research. And yes a doctor would say its okay to smoke preggo bc I've had several doctors in colorado tell me so. I've also been told my baby won't be taken for pot. Crack, meth, heroine..oh yes. As for why this all started..I'm sorry to hear about your depression. I have been battling it for almost 10 years now. It seems put of control since i have been preggo. I have found that eben just going outside for some fresh air is extremely helpful. Its natures peace.
  • edited March 2011
    @2ndtimearound ... I mentored youngsters through my church. I've see first hand a mother get her child taken at birth for weed. Delivered the baby high, smelled like weed and tested as well. Not sure what part of Cali your in?
  • Actually I beg to differ its horrible for us! But to each their own.
  • @YNVTish yeah im sure it has happened, that's why i said that dcfs can remove but i have personally not seen it happen. It does not appear to be too common though. Cuz i have had plenty of cases of children taken for testing positive at birth for meth, but so far none for pot.

I actually dont do that part of the case i work with the families after the court has removed the child & try to help the parents get their children back.

• For real here in Ohio if they took kids cause of weed none of my sisters or majority of her friends would stool have their kids.... just saying...
  • Would special brownies show up on any tests? Would eating those harm babies?
  • Did anyone read her whole post?? It say she cuts herself. I've never done it but my little sister had that prob real bad. In my opinion cutting is 100 times more of an addressable subject.. everytime u do this u are putting ur baby thru more stress than ever! Ur losing blood and putting added stress on ur baby and on ur body. I never understood the deal with that but we all have our different ways of dealing with stress. I think its horrible, hardly anyone is helping u address ur stress issue because all they saw in ur post was the fact that u mention u smoked a little pot. I used to workout or practice muay-tai but since we found out we were preggo I had to stop. Idk any other ways to deal with being stressed out except to talk to ppl about it. I hope all is well and if anything plz stop cutting urself...
  • In tennessee they give you a drug test after the birth and if out comes back positive for any drugs they will take the baby
  • If the baby is harmed or has birth defects and your test comes back positive your baby will definitely be taken for any controlled substances crack weed alcohol whats the difference?!