baby sale ( pretty long but worth reading )

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
So I went to this event on Friday. It was called a consignment sale. Its where tons of people sell their used baby items n things along that line. It is only for 3 days twice a year, and is basically a first come first serve basis. This is my third child so purchasing used items is fine with me as long as they r safe and in good condition. Anyways I'm 33 weeks pregnant and my son will b here next week due to complications in my pregnancy. Before Friday I didn't have a single thing bought yet. After going to this sale I now almost have all of my big items. It was very, very cheap and everything was in tip top shape, not too mention everything I purchased was popular name brand items. For $250 I now have a playyard which includes the bassinet and changing table. It has tons of vibrating and musical controls. It has a mobile and is jungle themed and retails in the store for over $300. I got 2 vibrating bouncy chairs ( the Fisher price rainforest one and aquarium one ). I got a jungle print graco highchair and the Fisher price my little Lamb cradle swing. The Fisher price rainforest jumperoo, Fisher price monitors that project an aquarium on the ceiling, a 6 piece nojo jungle babies cribset (which also retails for $200), a Fisher price activity gym ( that was still in the box ), 4 hooded bath towels, and an Elmo bathrobe and slippers. As I previously stated everything combined was $250 and it all literally looks brand new. Everything that enters the sale is completely inspected to make sure it is not only safe but in working conditions. They also check for recalls on the items as well, infact they don't sell carseats because they laws change so frequently. I am highly impressed and the best thing is that next year I can take these items back and resell them( U get 60 percent of ur asking price ). So all u mommy's to be should keep an eye out in ur neighborhoods for these sales, and if u come across one don't pass it up. They r by far worth ur time, and the earlier u go the better the chance u will have of finding exactly what ur looking for...

Comments

• My mom runs one here in colorado. They are amazing and before they even start we look through items so only the best of the best go out for sale so you know your realy getting goodstff. There are a lot of great finds and for way cheap. You can pay a bunc of money for clothes wash them once ad they come out the same as the clothes at these places.
  • hahaha sorry i thought this was about selling babies... duhhhh silly of me... and yeah those are the most awesome places in the world... i got a crib for like 7 bucks... :D
  • @jalem ur hysterical lol
    @missmommy28 if the one ur mom runs is anything like this one I bet she makes a killing. There was so many people there, the line actually rapped around the building.
  • Were do u find these sales?????
  • Could u imagine the contraversy on here if someone posted about a black market underground type baby sale?
  • california dont have those :(
  • Aww man I live in cali dam cali:(
  • My friend somehow knew about it, apparently her and her mother have been going for years. But I would suggest checking ur local newspapers, pennysavers, reporters, and Craigslist.
  • @babybumpers hahaha i think in the next week or so someone will just to start DRAMA!!! lolz... heres how the arguements would go...

1) thats horrible how could you post that
    2) where i want a baby so bad
    3) @2 oh my gosh do you realize those babies were stolen
    2) @3 how do you know are you there mother
    3) @2 how dare you.. Meow!!!
    2) HISS!!! MEOW MEOW!!!
    4) CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG
    mama_kat) this is going to be closed if you want to talk message via inbox no bashing pleas

THIS FORUM HAS BEEN CLOSED

LOL hahahaha sorry i had to
  • @jalem your hilarious lol

Yes she does make a lot but then a lot has to go to renting the venue and. Oh my goodness its ssoooooo tiring getting it set up and finished but sooo worth it. The lines are incredibly long. Howwe do it is volunteers and people who bring stuff to sale can get in for the presale... unfortunately my mom and I have to wait til very end to see if anythings left. It wouldn't be fair fr us to go first.
  • U forgot about the one that posts to mama_kat whining and tattling like a freaking 2 year old that she should b monitoring this topic...
  • @MISSMOMMY28 its been a good day... lolz... @babybumpers dang... yeah i figured this would have a title like

*LOOK OVER HERE IM TALKING ABOUT BLACK MARKET BABY TRADES (because i want to cause drama)*
  • @missmommy28 Screw that fair crap. Its ur sale u well deserve the chance to go first. I know how time consuming that alone should make u first priority.
  • We just had one here in Florida. It's called a mom to mom sale. I didn't go because I had work. :(
  • @vanessa90 well you gotta be in the in crowd in order to know but youre lucky go down to market st. and there'll be a guy in a pink shirt standing next to the news paper stand walk up to him and say anything good in the news and he will give you the directions to the next black market sale...
  • @jalem ur too much...I can't stop laughing and u r making me.have to pee. U better b careful b4 u make the riot squad mad or have the so called moderators (very politely) ask u to stfu...
  • @babybumpers hahaha what are they gonna say that i cant make jokes... that we all have to be miserable... lolz sorry i am quite enjoyin my self as for the pee thing... yeah you can go to the toilet now... lolz...