Could I have a miscarriage for lifting my dog? I'm so worried.

edited January 2011 in Pregnant
My pitbull got out & I picked him up to put him inside &im worried I could have a miscarriage for lifting him he weights around 45 pounds & I'm 9 weeks pregnant . Any body?

Comments

• Well Idk they say not to lift anything over 30 pounds.. but if u start having really bad sharp pains and bleeding then u need to go in.
  • Omg how scary &since before I picked my dog up I had sharp cramping for like 5 to 10 second then it goes away till next day. No bleeding tho? Could it mean I'm going to have a miscarriage?
  • I lift my daughter she's 35 lbs. I'm 24 wks. I think ur fine! Just don't do it alot!
  • Ur too early I think for that to give u a miscarriage. But if ur worried call ur Dr.
  • Doctors r different mine says not to lift over 30 pounds.. @babygirl52311

9-2-11
    Is
    I have slight cramps here and there so really u sound fine ;)
  • My doc told me not to lift over 25 pounds. In five weeks along. But if your body is used to lifting the weight it should be fine. Bend with Your knees and not with your back. Any questions consult your
  • Well he didn't seem heavy I'm use to carrying him. I won't do it again that's scary because my first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. Hope this pregnancy comes out good.thanks for the support I feel much better:)
  • Yw :)

That's really scary, sorry for your loss :(

I am 10 weeks and went to my doctor appt and she couldn't find the heartbeat but I have a sono this coming Tuesday ..
  • Thanks @mamaofchris ....
    I hope everything comes out good with your baby. my last miscarriage happened at 12 weeks but the baby stop developing at 8 weeks so I'm really scared to miscarry again & not know hopefully everything comes or good this time &i wish u the best again.
  • I pick my daugther up when she gets her lil crazy attacks lol she weights 55 pounds. I'm 13wks now I think u will be ok at long as u not bleeding or having bad cramping.
  • I lifted my son who is 36lbs and developed a placental tear :(
  • Whaaa.... @2ndOnTheWay. Ehh, what did they do. Did u go on bed rest?
  • Hey girl I was in the same boat we where at the park and my pitbull didnt wanna jump back in my truck so I had to lift his big ass 65lbs back in the car I woulnt do it again tho that happen about at 13 weeks im now 15 so just be mind full
  • Lifting a usual weight with proper body mechanics is generally okay. My 45# dog kicked me right in the gut today so I am with ya on the whole fear thing
  • @babygirl52311 no just restrictions but today im having extremely sharp pains so im hoping everything is ok
  • B careful. I was drug rep and git Hernia from lifting my bag out of trunk. Not only did it cause cramping during preggo...I had to have surgery after had baby...cudnt lift baby for 6 weeks....now I'm preggo again and Hernia came back
  • Wen u get pains its ur bodys way of telling u that u lifted something to heavy. Dont worry though hun u should be fyn. I lifted my staff up last week he weighs about 25kg n i got sum pain. But im okay now. I also miscarried in nov.
  • I have a hugh risk pregnancy n should not be lifting anything over 5lbs. However I have a baby who just is over a uear old n weighs close to 30lbs I lift her every so often when I have to what im saying is u will b just fine :)
  • Darn touch phones lol high risk was ehat I meant