vaginal cramping

edited January 2011 in Health
Okay this is probably TMI but I have to ask, and wondering if anyone else is or has experienced this. Today I am getting somewhat sharp pains, off and on in my vagina. It almost seems like it goes from my vagina to my anus:-/ I've had cramping, but this is different ... totally different 'area'. Im 16 weeks. Any advice as to what it is or could be???

Comments

• I kinda get that but I'm only 8 weeks
  • Same here but I'm only 5 weeks
  • Its normal I have two kids n another on the way.....it pressure from ur blatter n stomach inlarging..also dnt.wear tight clothes
  • Omg I have itchness in my vagina & im 9 weeks pregnant! Any advice? I dont have discharge or smell/ordor.... Just crazy itchiness. Help?
  • I'm now 21weeks an I use to experience the same thing a couple weeks ago... its just your uterus stretching....
  • C ur doc 09_02_11 it can be a infection or gbs both common during pregnancy always wipe from front to bk after u use the restroom that will stop u from gettin infection
  • I experienced itchiness too so I stopped usin soap down there an started usin summers Eve sensitive skin wash... it helped ALOT...
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks @mamaOf2 & Thanks @Soon2BeMomOfDj. What is gbs? &what else can stop the itchiness im going crazy!! Can it harm the baby?
  • Gps is a blood disease that can be transferred to your baby during birth but its routine for you to be tested so if they haven't mentioned yet then its Nothing to worry about... but for itchness u can also try a hot bath with baking soda... sounds weird but it helps too or u can get a wet towel an put a little to apply directly
  • gbs is were u dnt always wipe from front to bk ur bottom has bacteria that harmful to ur virgina that cuz u to itch n have some discharge...if u have this ur doc will give u meds n when u have ur bby they will maje sure u have iv antibiotics to stop ur baby from gettin it when comin out...after birth gbs goes away in ur system..but make sure u tell ur doc if it goes unnotice can be harmful to u n baby..so get checked if u have itchn#ss n discharge
  • gbs is not a blood diesease
  • I ment bacteria infection but like I said your doctor should test you for it
  • They only test 4it at 20 sumething weeks but if u tell them ur have symtoms they will test u earlier
  • I get that too and im only 7 weeks, don't know what the heck it is tho!!! Lol
  • Thanks ladies, that is what I wanted to hear is that its 'normal'. I sometimes find myself searching online of what it COULD be and freaking myself out for no reason. So I figure, better to ask on here and getting advice from real women going through the same thing before searching the web. Saves me the stress:)
    @09_02_11~ it could be a yeast infection. I had the same thing around 11 weeks and had no discharge or any other symptom, just itchy! I went to the dr and it was just a yeast infection, which my dr told me can be common when your prego. So some monastat from wallmart & I was good to go! :) good luck!
  • I havnt read all the comments but when I was pregnant I had sharp pains and cramping. I put it down to baby growing. THen my mate told me she was "late" but it was ok cause she had bad period pain so it was coming. I made her take a test. And she's now 3months pregnant lol!!
  • You do not get GBS from not wiping front to back. I tested positive for it at 10 weeks and my ob-gyn said it was nothing I was doing wrong and that you catch it from your environment.
  • I had it with my first 1st baby but not the rest and my midwife told me it was some thing that some woman get and some don't it just happens. She told me not to where anything to tite and no undies and it helped.
  • I have cramping and period like pressure as well as lower back pain. I'm almost 6 weeks. I personally don't think it feels right but I have no bleeding and my first ultrasound is in 3 days so I will wait and see
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I posted about the same topic last night, these answers do help a lot.
  • @pokerstar & @DarrelsWifey I have had off & on cramps since 7 weeks pregnant. Im now 17 weeks and still getting them. Sometimes they feel like period cramps & sometimes they are more down in my 'lower' area... I've asked the doctor a million times, I've asked friends who have had babies and all I've heard is cramping is normal. Soooo... im gonna go with that and try not to worry. But I hear what you guys are saying, I agree its scary! It doesn't FEEL normal. Especially when youre in your first 3 months... I was worried too. But I made it through... still cramping but at least the chance of mc is much much lower! You'll get through it! Just be easy on yourselves:)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ashleywiini16 & @darrelswifey I don't know...this can't be normal. It's been constant for the past 3 days. I did have a pelvic exam a day before this all started. I don't know if its related but the fact that its lasted 3 days doesn't seem right. I'm preparing myself for a mc. That's how uncomfortable it is. My us is Wed if I can wait that long but I will keep you updated
  • @pokerstar get in sooner! Even if you have to go to the emergency room, I would if I were you. It just sounds like it's pretty bad. Are you in major pain? Has it been non stop? I dunno... if you really think you might miscarry I would either go to the er or call your doctor and express you concern & get in asap.