sushi?

edited March 2011 in Health
so ive been craving sushi like crazy and am waiting till i go back home for some cuz its the bestsushiplace i know butstill have to wait another 2 weeks just wondering is it really that bad to have ill be 28weeks by that time ill problego have it anyways just wondering if any ofyou have had sushi and been fineafteror not lol thxs for any help on this

Comments

• As long as its not raw fish, or big fish, like tuna, yellow fin and stuff. I eat sushi a lot but I eat cooked shrimp and crab.
  • I'd say just stay away from the raw stuff. But Cali rolls n anything cooked is fine.
  • Ihaven't ate it because every doctor i have talked to has said no raw fish and only 6oz of cooked fish a week.
  • i had sushi almost everyweek the last mont and in my last appoiment i told to the doctor and he say tha is not a problem and they make me the screening of the baby and mine and we are so great so i think there is not a problem just be sure it is a good clean place with good fish and that`s all enjoy it im a sushi fan too lol =P~
  • Do not eat any raw sushi
  • If u eat raw fish while preg u run the chance of passing parasites and other things not wanted to the baby I am a ob nurse and I am tellin uDO NOT EAT RAW FISH AT ALL
  • It's not recommended to eat sushi during pregnancy, but I understand your craving. I ate a lot of it during my first pregnancy before I found out I was pregnant and then craved it nonstop for the rest of the pregnancy when I knew I couldn't have any.
  • I go for sushi, but I only eat cooked/tempura sushi rolls
  • I just had sushi last weekend!! I dont eat any raw and I have a card from the Zoo that lists the fish with mercury in it and I just avoid those fish... But we eat a lot of fish. The fish limit is mainly for mercury contamination so if you avoid those fish you are good.
  • I was told even with tuna i could only have 6oz a week.
  • I've been trained on food safety and foodborne illnesses so even if you do get cooked sushi they will probably use the same knife that they cut the raw tuna roll with to cut yours. Foodborne illnesses can be transferred that easily. Ask them to use a different knife and you should be fine.
  • @hurstk28 That might be because some tunas actually are higher in mercury and you should limit your mid-level mercury fish to 6 oz but some like wild caught salmon has very little (but farmed salmon has a lot.. ) so you just have to check where they get thier fish from.
  • thxs everyone for the advice yeah i usaly stick to srimp and crab an the random raw fish when i go but never the high mercary fish
  • @brookiesbaby I didn't even think of that, good point!!!
  • Lilbit01_209: Doctor said 6oz with all fish no matter what it is.