got fired please read need help long!

edited March 2011 in Just for Fun
So I worked at wendys from June of 2008 til august of 2010, and then I quit for another job but I gave my 2 weeks. Then I got fired from the other job in December bc I was pregnant and they didn't want it interfering with their child ( I was a nanny). Looking everywhere I could I would get interviews but no one would hire me after they found out I was pregnant and they didn't say it but you could tell by the way they said things and the way they acted after they found out. So I went back to a different wendys owned by the same people and they hired me on Saturday the 5th, the manager knew I was a re hire and she even contacted the district manager to see if I could be re hired.I started working Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. And then I got my schedule for this whole week. A new guy called me today and said that he just took over the store and bc I quit at the other wendys I was not able to be re hired at that wendys and that I was not needed to come in anymore? Umm wtf I've been working there all week and they re hired me how does that make sense?? My mom said I should sue them bc they are discriminating me, she said he prob fired me bc I am pregnant and that they can't let me work a couple days and then say I can't be re hired when I already was... any suggestions?

Comments

• No... but praying for you!
  • Lawsuit!!! Plus u can collect unemployment no penalty due to them firing u after rehire
  • I would look into what the laws of your state say about that.. if that were me i def wouldnt let it go and i would do something. I agree that doesnt make sense at all..
  • edited March 2011
    They legally can't fire a pregnant woman. Talk to an attorney asap!!!
  • @Mrs_wainright thanks:)
    @mommyto1soontob2 yea I'm going to try and get unemployment but Im just so.mad it doesn't make sense to me
  • @newmom2be23 @cristinalynn yes I'm def going to look into the laws now that more people agree with my mom, I knew it wasn't ok for them to just fire me like that
  • I would contact a lawyer, if u don't have the cash call one that don't get pd unless they get money for u. It wouldn't hurt to try...
  • Definitely call unemployment
  • Hey why not file for the money u paid into for so long take time off during a pregnancy and gwt stuff done. Search for a job casually and fall into one not force into one. Great things come to those who wait.
  • Gosh wtf is wrong with people I mean there's nothin wrong with us pregnant woman to work. I hate that they have to do that to you i'm sorry sweetie. I say sue them!!
  • Sexism!!!! Worst thing a person with a penis came up with lol
  • I think you can call and talk to an attorney for advice for free. Try that and persue unemployment as well.
  • Thanks ladies great advice, ill update you once I talk to a lawyer and unemployment :) you ladies really helped thanks again!!!