I need to get out of working until my baby comes any tips :)

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
Im working 12 hour shifts 6 nights a week and its 34° where i work and my back is KILLING ME! i go to the obgyn wednesday what can i do do get put on disability?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @chels I feel like that too. Im constanly on mi feet all day. I feel where u frm mi feet b killin me. Where do u wrk at ?
  • edited March 2011
    Why on earth would you be required to work 72 hours a week? Im a nurse working 12's. Im only required to work 84 hours in 2 weeks period. I've found if I volunteer to work more since Preg it really drains me.
  • You can get a doctors note that limit the work you do I got one and its active for nine months I cant live over 20lb cant stay standing for to long so you should get a doctors note
  • If ur doc feels that ur job is causing stress and possible complications with u or ur pregnancy he can take u off work. U can then apply for state disability which will pay u approx 55% of ur normal income based on ur highest paid quarter. U will still be entitled to receive ur disability benefits after the baby is born as long as u work for an employer that pays into the star disability fund....and u have earned at least 300.00 in the last 17 months. But sounds like u prob have......I live in California and work with SDI stuff
  • or the doc can put u on light it modified duty
  • I work anywhere between 9 to 12 hours a night 6 nights a week i usually have like between 56-65 hours a week! Im only 15w and 3d prego but this working all the time crap is really hurting my back and my feet and im so freaking stressed all the time its def not helping me to quit smoking. I work in a factory and getting a note from the dr isnt really going to do anything since im the only one that does my job and i dont really lift a lot.
  • Then that sounds like u need to.discuss the being off on full disability with ur doc. It is possible if it can cause u or the baby complications. It would prob say that u r.limited to this and that and if the employer can not accommodate then u are unable to work at all.
  • Lol get better shoes. I'm a grooming salon manager and I'm required to work 40 hours a week.. Sometimes more. Plus I'm in class 5 days a week to finish my associates degree. I'm 17 weeks.
  • Ugh @Xtina2k10 i wish i could but where i work its really wet and cold so they make me wear these ugly rubber boots that almost go all the way to my knees! Ive tried the inserts but they move all over the place.