infection and metronibazole gel???

edited March 2011 in Second Trimester
So i had bad cramping on 27th feb went to hospital and they did swabs to, then i went for scan yesterday (21st march) and they gave me a prescription for metronibazole gel, saying that the swab's came back with an infection they said nothing like that when i asked if it was an sti, but never said what it was or what its from, also pee'd me of that they couldn't ring and tell me seen has prescription was wrote on 11th march, any way I've Googled the gel and it says its for bacterial vaginosis, i think that's how its spelt :/ but i also read women in first trimester shouldn't use this, I've just gone into 2nd, and any one pregnant should consult doctor not sure if that's for just the tablets though just wanted to know if any one else has had this, is it safe to use and what is bacterial vaginosis?

Comments

• I had it, I was on the gel & flagyl(pills) its safe. Bacterial Vaginosis is an infection we women can get from a bacterial build up. Its not an STI because non sexual active women can get it.
  • So can just appear from no were really? woman just never explained properly other day not even what it was called and when i asked she just looked at me so gormless thanks for replying :) looked confusing when i Googled it
  • Same here, I took the gel first trimester and I'm 23 weeks with no problem :)
  • I had it, too. I got flagyl and it gave me raging diarrhea. Wish is gotten the gel!
  • Yes it appears out of nowhere like a yeast infection or an UTI. The pills were horrible, they made me puke. With the gel you'll see a lot of discharge before it actually clear up.