slow labour!

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
So i go in too the hospital yesterday as i woke up and had a show then pains started too kick in! They hook me up too the monitor and on that they can see I'm having regular contractions! I'm only 1 cm dilated so they send me home & say I'm in early stages , does anybody know how long this could take ???

Comments

• They normally say a cm an hour not sure if that after a certain one or not every pregnancy different hun. Good luck hope you have your baby soon :D
  • For me I had contractions on a tues, wed, and thurs around noon went in, got sent home and went back that evening had my daughter Friday morning, but I never had the "show". That was 2 years ago, my first pregnancy... Hopefully it happens soon, I know waiting in pain is horrible, good luck mama
  • Well I've been having contractions since yesterday I'm taking ages too dilate! So im guessing it could take a while! Thanks :)
  • @mummy2be20 are they unbearable or just uncomfortable?
  • I wouldn't say unbearable as I'm good with pain ! But i can't walk or speak when i have them .
  • @mummy2be20 well that's good if you can handle them, I didn't go in until they were unbearable and still got sent home, your probably gonna want to hold out as long as you can so you don't get sent home again. Are you timing them yet?
  • Yes the hospital was timeing them on the monitor they was every 5 to 6 mins apart