according the docs- help? i think theyre wrong abt my babys age...

edited March 2011 in Health
My mother had me two weeks later than her due date and I was still premature at 5 lbs 2 oz bc I had intrauterine growth delay. I was always two weeks behind in development in utero. And after I was born I was and have always been 2 years being in growth.
I was just calculating my facts here. According to the doctors, they're basing this on my ultrasound. The baby measured at 6weeks 3days on march the 2nd and I tested positive on my preggo test on February 10th. Three times. So if I'm only 9 weeks 3 days today then there's no way I was far enough along on Feb 10th to even have hcg in my pee. I think I'm 11 weeks 3 days. Can anyone help me? Does anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• My due date according to the docs is Oct 23rd btw
  • Drs track preg from 1st day of last period so generally 2weeks 2 1/2 - 3 weeks later u fall preg if u calculate pregnancy in weeks its 40 (10 months) I wouldn't stress my babies are bigger babies other ppl just have smaller babies as long as there complete n healthy I wouldn't stress to much
  • Oh wow. I do know that the further you get into your pregnancy things usually even out, so to speak. Like if you're measuring behind or ahead, things can&usually do change. Every baby is different which is why they have averages because they can't say all babies are the same size at the same age, or we'd all be born same size, we'd all be same size adults, etc. When I had my last child she was 35wks 1dy. She weighed 4lbs 1oz. The NICU staff insisted she was only 31wks 5dys. If that were possible I wouldn't of had my test positive when it was, as we had been trying, so I tested the day my period was due, I am regular every 28dys. My ultrasound with her at 18wks showed she was small, but everything else was where it should be developed at 18wks, so I finally had them apologize for insisting I was being stupid, so to speak. I just grown small babies. If I were you, I wouldn't worry or stress too much, wait until you're a little further along to get more accurate measurements. Best wishes!
  • ggo by the 1st day of Ur last period how many weeks will that bring u to
  • Thank u ladies that eases my mind a bit haha sometimes I worry about the tiniest things way too much. And I'm calculating now from my last pd hang on...
  • Okay so I had a week long pd that started the 20th of Dec and ended the 27th and so my next pd would've been due Jan 24th but I spotted Jan 10th. Sooo I calculated and waited for it to cone Feb 10th and when it didn't I took a test and I was pregnant. Now if I calculate from the Dec pd I'm 13 wks 2 dys but if I calculate from Jan 10th I'm 10 wks 2 days. Haha i give up!I just wanna make sure I'm doin everything right based on the babys gestation age.
  • You should calculate from your last full period. The spotting was most likely implantation bleeding.
  • Don't worry my doctor changed my due date 4 times until he was sure. It started at September 23 then September 20 then September 17 then August 20 I wouldn't get to worried everyone ovulates at different times
  • Lol but I'm so tiny so I can't grasp the idea of me being 13 weeks and not showing .... that's y I give up bc its not making any sense either way and I don't believe the tickets that tell us we will have certain 'symptoms' on certain days or during certain weeks bc it could all just b in someone's head. I've had some symptoms that I shouldn't b having for weeks according to the ticker. So I give up. I'm just going to enjoy being pregnant and let the baby decide what it wants to show me :)
  • @19preggo2011 lol now I feel a bit better as well. I have a feeling I will go thru the same thing.
  • Yeah just enjoy your pregnancy.
  • Thanks again ladies :)
  • edited March 2011
    Well in all honesty, id go with your doctors due date. That's what they will be going by, you wont change their minds. Early ultrasounds are EXTREMELY accurate!! They are only off by a day or 2 at most! Later ultrasounds can be off by 3 weeks! But not earlier ones. If you are 9 weeks 3 days today, that would put you at 3 weeks 4 days on feb. 10th, which WOULD have given you enough hcg in your system as many of the new tests detect pregnancy a lot sooner. If you were 13 weeks now, you would have been 10 weeks on your ultrasound, trust me you would have seen tons of baby's features and a large sac. You would have seen the head, legs, arms, everything. You would have known you were 10 weeks hun and so would the doctors. :) as for you not showing, if this is your first don't expect to show until mostly after 20 weeks :) congrats and good luck on your pregnancy
  • @kdaniels, I am 13 wks 1 day with baby #3 and am not showing yet. I have only gained like 5ish lbs. With my first two I needed maternity pants sooner than this, anyways, if this is your first you may not show for awhile longer.

• @kayleeandamaiyasmommy thank u so much. That helps. I am tiny and this is my first so I keep thinking either I'm gonna show early or I won't. I just need to relax. I'm only 4'11" and 100lbs so I'm noticing a lot of changes but no bigger belly just yet. Thanks for the info on the ultrasound. It makes sense. Either way I loved seeing that little mummy bear and can't wait to see him or her more defined! :)
  • No problem hun :) I had no idea with my first either, I couldn't wait to show but I didn't "pop" until 24 weeks! Lol im now on my second and I popped at about 14 weeks, and im now 29 weeks :) either way, you will be showing before you know it!! Congrats again hun!
  • @jbandno3 lol yeaaaa I just want some visible proof if baby so it can ease my mind. I'm a little impatient with this. I had a m/c 3 yrs ago at 7wks so I wanna get to a point where I don't have to worry anymore and still feel scared sometimes but overall I have a good feeling..
  • Small world, my due date is october 23 also and the first day of my last period was January 16 so that's what they told me :) good luck to u!
  • Im having this problem too!! According to my last cycle, im 22 weeks and three days right now, but according to the drs im 19 weeks... they changed it because ultrasoud shows the size of the baby is only 19 weeks... but i am very small and even at full term my daughter didnt weigh six pounds... i jusst have small babies.. just stick to your first day of your last cycle.. thats what im doing, hope this helps
  • @socalmom haha that's awesome! Preggo buddies are fun to find. Good luck to u too hun :)
  • I calculated my own due date. The date of ur last period cout three months back then go forward 9 days.. my dr said i was right on my date so i feel confident in that method.. my baby is a little longer so the ultrasound tech measured me like a week before me and the dr
  • @mamabutterf1yyea my mom argued with her docs the whole tme she was pregnant with me. but my little brother turned out to b huge and fat lol at six I was barely able to hold such a huge baby. I remember telling my mom if something that big ever came outta me id die. haha
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mmk :) I'm tryin
  • If I go by my lmp I would be 14 weeks 3 days but when I went for my first us they said baby measured at 8 w 2 d then makin me only 13 w 1 d as of Today but I have an u.s today at 3 so we'll see what's goin on now
  • @kdaniels my friend is tall and slim and is 15wks with absolutely no bump at all....i wouldnt worry. Just try to enjoy your pregnancy. And remember you are always entitled to a second opinion
  • I had been tracking my ovulation by using bbt. My last period was on 4 august 2010 and I ovulated 26 august. The dr kept saying I was 8 wks when I got my ultrasound and was concerned about my babys size. I knew I should have only been 6 wks and told him how I knew. He then calmed down. Sometimes you can just ovulate later. I had a postive test at 10 dpo
  • @kdaniels when I went to the doctors for the first appt. They said Oct 31st. Didn't even say how far I was and didnt give me prenatals. I was already taking 2000 of folic acid because of my seizures. Stupid state recommend doctors suck ass. Have an appt on April 4th tho with a different doctor who knows my neurologist