HELP WHAT CRANBERRY JUICE DO I BUY FOR UTI???

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
Anyone?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • any cranberry juice not cranberry juice cocktail though cuz thats all sugar...
  • Any brand, but make sure its 100% juice, not cranberry cocktail.
  • What about ocean spray? It has grape juice in it also tho??
  • I am super prone to uti's for some reason. It sucks. The best advice i have is if u want to get cranberry juice, just make positively sure its 100% real juice and NOT juice cocktail. All that has is a ton of sugar that willl make a uti worse. I actually recommend buying cranberry pills from the pharmacy area they have some specificly for uti's and if u drink them with a whole bunch of water they r more beneficial than juice. Less calories and bad stuff and just the benefits of cranberrys in a pill. Good luck!
  • Store brands tastes the same as brand name.
    I love, love cran-grape. Tastes like plain grape juice....
  • azo cranberry pills, they also have a numbing thing so they donte hurt as bad
  • What about AZP Cranberry tablets??
  • I had a uti and my doc said oceanspray was fine I really don't like plain cranberry juice so I buy cran grape its ssssoooooo good and you can also eat crasins they taste better than an actual cranberry. :)
  • same thing :) good stuff
  • I took the cranberry tablets & drank cranberry juice (NOT cocktail), I preferred the white cranberry as it wasn't as sweet. I can't have it anymore since I am on blood thinners, but good luck!! I hope it helps! Also, I ate yogurt, ate dried blueberries, cranberries & cottage cheese. My doctor said they would help. They did :) I have gotten so many UTI's, bladder infections & a few kidney infections. No fun! >:D<
  • I buy the organic that's only cranberry and water
  • Thanks ladies! I just went and bought all of it lol I was writing y'all while in the store! I bought AZO pills, cranberry juice, and water! Hopefully this will go away and the spotting!!
    Thanks again! :-)
  • I didn't see those @Lilliebug, but I was in dollar general too tho since its right by my house.
  • It took me awhile to find some w/o having to go to whole foods. Found some at meijer. Not walmart tho
  • We don't have that store in okc :-( We have a GNC health food store tho. So Walmart doesn't carry them?
  • I couldn't find any at walmart. No meijer there either?
  • Uti will not just go away on its own or with cranberry juice. If u do have a uti see your doctor. You don't want to get a blood infection.
  • Try an organic one, the seem to be the best for you. :) and btw how did you know you had a uti? I have been having some cramping and bleeding and my dr said it might be a uti and i am waiting on the results but so far that is the only sign that i have had and I cant seem to find anything online. (its not alot of bleeding but a consistant cramping) just wondering. Thanks
  • Idk if I have one yet, but I'm trying to prevent one. I have a lil cramping off n on and I'm barely spotting and its mostly like dime size n light pink n watery. Sorry tmi
    I have back pain tho that's my biggest thing, but its hard for me to drink H2O now so I dnt drink much.
  • @Lilliebug no Meijer here either
  • I had a little spotting the first day I had one. the second day was horrible. OUCH!!! I went to doc and he put me on antibiotics that were safe for the baby. I'd go tomorrow. You don't want to be stuck with this over the weekend! Cranberry juice definitely will help but doesn't always get rid of it. Good luck! :)