Whose planning to breastfeed and for how long?

I want to breastfeed my baby, but realistically I wil probly only be able to for about 4 weeks... I wish I could do it longer but going back to work wont allow me to. Is anyone else in planning on breastfeeding for this short of time?

Comments

• My last I got to 8 months...I wanted to make it to a year but she just stopped wanting to sit still shed rather take a bottle and crawl around lol...this one won't know what a bottle is so I can make it to my goal :) but 4 weeks is much better than nothing at all!
  • Gonna breastfeed for a year I think. I will be going back to school and work, got a good pump, so im hopeful.
  • I am going to try and breastfeed this is my first so hopefully all goes well and I want to do it for 6-8wks then I will be looking for employment as my job ends April 22nd
  • This is my 5th preg and will b my 4th time breast feeding I go as long as I can.which has usably been about 3months something always comes btween me trying to breast feed .im hopeing this time will be different.good luck
  • Im having my wedding 2 months after baby is born also, so I was worried about leaking etc. on my wedding day! My mother nor mother in law breastfed so I have no clue what to expect!
  • edited March 2011
    Im hoping for 6 months of pumping and 6 weeks of straight breastfeeding
  • Lol,they have breast pads for that
  • i wanna breast feed as long as I can I was think about like 6 months but I really don't know
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have trouble breast feeding so I will b pumping. Idk how long this time, only went a couple months last time cuz I had to pay to rent a machine and just couldn't afford it. But this time Wic is gonna give me a pump! Woot!
  • For as long as I can. Going back to work after 8 weeks though so then I will be pumping and bottle feeding.
  • I pray ill be able to for at least a year! I'm thinkin god gave me these giant boobs for a reason other than to cause me back pain!! Lol
  • edited March 2011
    Im thinking bout it and wanna try to do it fa like 6months
  • I want to breastfeed for at least 6 months. Id like to do it for a year but hope to make it to at least 6 months.
  • I want to breastfeed for atleast a few months if my body lets me. If I can I'd like to go as long as I can. (not years like on ' grown ups' lol) but I've heard some women just can't.
  • With my first child I breastfed for seven months..and with my second I want to breastfeed for a year
  • I'm only breastfeeding while off work for 6weeks. Can't stand breast pumps!
  • I'm going to breastfeed as long as I can I'm plan on pumping for when I'm am at work and breastfeeding the rest of the time
  • I definately plan on it ,my mom breastfed me till I was 21 months,so ima try for around that long its so good for the baby.
  • I do baby lead weening. So how ever long the baby wants it he/she can have it. Granted my first baby selfweened before 2 months *he has a tongue tie and I have just about no let down. I pumped for a few more weeks but he wouldn't even take it from a bottle round 3 months* I'm hoping for a better time of it with this one
  • To all u mothers talking about brestfeeding for like a year wat about teeth? I wanna brestfeed but not sure about how long well I really wanna pump so her daddy can feed during the day n ill do the work during the night
  • I.gonna do like my last til 6mos
  • @supermom405 that's wat I thought around teeth come in right
  • im going to attempt for four weeks as well. May try pumping, but not sure how that will go over once I go back to work. I do 10 hour days and dont want to fight with leakage and engorgement. Taking a breastfeeding class on Monday to get all the facts. I did it with my first child, but not second and third. I attempted..just got to stressful.
  • I did it for me first two till they were 10 months. For this one probably the same. :D
  • I'm thinking around 9 months then just pump til 1 yr :)
  • Im going to try for 6 months but stoll substitute formula for the weening process
  • I do and for ever how long I can
  • I breastfed my first 10 months he got teeth at 3 months he bit me once when he first cut his teeth but my mom told my if he bites to push him into your breast to scare him and it worked I plan on breastfeeding this one for at least 10 months as well
  • At least 6 months but idk I may have to go back to work. Plus my boyfriend would probably like to feed his little girl. So she may only get 6 months, but I plan on pumping through at least a year.