Baby head dropped

edited March 2011 in Third Trimester
after the baby head has dropped how long till birth?

Comments

• It just depends on the baby and your body. It could be weeks still. I'm 36 weeks and my baby has already dropped and imm dialated but could still be weeks before I go.
  • How do u know if the head has dropped? At my last ultrasound he had turned to head down...
  • @babyboyontheway. When baby drops you will be able to breath 100 timess better than you were able to before? You get a space in between your stomach and boobs, and the. Most dreaded part lol. You feel baby in the pelvic area. You feel like your walking with a bowling ball in between your legs and the pressure and pain are very noticeable. Lol. It gets very uncomfortable. And while sitting down you have to keep your legs open like your inviting the whole world in cause it hurts way to much to close them. Lol.
  • Jajjajajjajajajajaja I am in the 37h week and yes it feels like a ball inbetween ur legs
  • Hmm it might be hardrr for me to tell because i havent hardly had breathing trouble at all I've been carrying low this whole pregnancy and I'm 29 weeks now. I've had a hard time closing my legs for a while now lol.
    Does it happen quick ovrrnight style? Or over a period of time?
  • Lol. It was a quick thing for me. I was at work and looked at one of the girls and said wow I can breath. Its very noticeable.
  • How far where u when it happened?
  • @momof5 my baby dropped 2 or 3 wks ago, especially this past wk but i still can't breathe, even though its dropped that seems to be the only change..its still kicking my boobs so all i have is a lot of pressure, i'm just getting to the point where i can walk so i'm confused, how much further does this baby need to drop before I can breath again?
  • @crumbledcookie. You must have one big baby. Lol. When I dropped I was able to actually take in a full breath and notice a change in breathing. Now if I'm sitting down I can't breath that well cause everything is cramped up in there. I notice to the more the baby drops the more space I get between my boobs and stomach and the harder it is to walk cause of the pressure and pain.
  • Ok I felt like she dropped when I was 31 weeks my doctor confirmed it yesterday that her head is down low and she said it was early to be that low but mite go down slower nervous
  • Ok I felt like she dropped when I was 31 weeks my doctor confirmed it yesterday that her head is down low and she said it was early to be that low but mite go down slower nervous
  • I ment im nervous
  • @lovinniyah. I wouldn't worry to much about it. Baby could stay that way for a while. And if baby would happen to come she would have a great chance with all the new tech and medicine these days.
  • Yea your right hope she stays in till im full term. An thanks ladies
  • Best of luck. :)
  • Mine dropped when I was 30 weeks. I didn't n.otice any changes except for I happened to be a lot "skinnier" inbetween my boobs and belly. Could accually almost see some definition. I hope she stays head down. And I thought she had done it pretty early maybe shell be comin sooner than we think..
  • @momof5 I think its just long, i'm 5' 11' and my husband is 6' 3'' :-ss
  • I still can't breathe and my baby is head down. My belly hasn't dropped yet so I don't get to breathe. I didn't drop with my first till birth
  • @crumbledcookie. I bet baby will be long. Lol
  • I'm oonly22 weeks :-( when is full term
  • My baby haS been head down since I was barely 6 mo. And I've been 2cm. Dilated since then. I'm 38 wks tue. And she's still head down I'm stil 2cm. and absolutely no sign of labor : (
  • Full term is 37wks
  • I dropped 4 days before I had my daughter. I remember cause I was young (19) n it was the fourth of July. I thought I was going into labor n made my dad take me to hospital, but it wasn't time n I wasn't dialated. It definitely felt like a ball down there.
  • edited March 2011
    My son was head down when I was 32 weeks my water broke when I was 37 weeks 1 day I was 4 cm dilated when I got to the hospital and had my son 4.5 hours later with no epidural on 3-15-11 and he was a healthy boy thank God at 7lb 4oz :-)
  • Im hoping I have her at 37 weeks my baby shower is april3 I will be 36 weeks the day after I have my baby shower her head dropped at 31 weeks. They say 2-4 weeks after u go in to labor is that true?
  • edited March 2011
    My first baby dropped 2 1/2 months before I had him and I had to be induced. I actually had fluid leak at 33 weeks but his head was so far down that he blocked it from leaking even after the dr broke my water nothing came out. With all my other ones they didn't drop til delivery, I wish this one would drop and get her head out of my hip, it really hurts!
  • Im 31 weeks measuring over 33 weeks I think my baby has dropped I think he actually dropped about two weeks ago. I got an ultrasound last week and the tech informed me he is head down. I have so much pelvic pressure I feel like he's just going to bust out if I'm not careful when I walk or make sudden movements.
  • Me to today I walked 2 miles and was scared I mte go in labor bcause halfway home I got very sharp pains like her head was moving down more and more
  • i did the same thing my husband wants us to start walking again but i'm nervous last time i walk i couldn't move the next day