16 weeks, i just looked in the mirror and...

I've got stretch marks already?!? I didn't think I'd get them this early. My baby must be going through a growth spurt or something. How early did you get stretch marks? And what can I do to try and stop or make them less noticeable?

Comments

• They say its caused because of fast weight gain try to keep steady and I use coco butter 2 to 3 times a day
  • Use bio oil or cocoa butter :) I dident get mine untill last few weeks but depends on how big the bump is etc :) enjoy your bump I can't wait to get preggers again and get one hehe xx
  • Everybody's swearing by bio oil. I haven't tried it but I know co co butter n lotion doesn't work. I honestly think if ur gonna get em its no way to prevent it
  • Yeah use cocco butter, I use it about 2 times a day and haven't got any yet. And make sure to put it on you chest also, cause I am a first time mom and didn't know you could get stretch marks on your chest until my aunt told me.lol So rub the stuff everywhere. Hope you find something that works. :)
  • edited March 2011
    @marriedwith_4 I love bio oil. especially if you already have stretch marks it blends it in with your skin. this pregnancy I am trying olay lotion my mom started using it and said it worked for her and its cheaper than bio oil lol
  • I think I'm gonna try Bio oil because I have the cocoa butter and it obviously did not work. And I haven't even gained 10 pounds yet :/ guess there's no stopping it now.
  • I use bio oil I'm on my second pregnancy and my stretch marks were terrible but bio oil really lightens them up I can't even see them from far away
  • I'm sixteen weeks on monday and dont have any yet although I haven't gained an ounce yet either so that probably helps
  • @blessed1508 what type of olay did she use. I'm gonna go out today n purchase my bio oil n ill try the olay as well
  • @marriedwith_4 olay ultra moisture with shea butter
  • @marriedwith_4 olay ultra moisture with shea butter
  • Bio oil works!!! I.saw a line on my side bump and I went to go buy it the line was light brown I put it on 3 times a day and I swear it was gone in 3 days
  • I'm nearly 16 weeks and I didn't think I'd have milk yet, but I do :/ I heard drinking lots of water helps too.
  • I had stretch marks lonnngggg before I gained any weight with my first...I didn't start showing until 19 weeks but had stretch marks at like ten weeks...I was smaller framed about 120 pounds...but got stretch marks anyways...sometimes I think if you are going to get them there is no way around it...on the bright side they do eventually fade lol...promise
  • I had stetch marks before I was even preggers n I use everything bio oil coco butter tummy butter n I swear they are almost gone now so I'm hoping I dnt gain anymore stretch marks since the ones I got are leaving anyways
  • I'll be 16weeks tomorrow & I have no stretch marks, none of the girls in our family have them. We used Vaseline. It's cheap & it works. My skin is baby soft ;)
  • With my first (a little girl) I got some around 21 weeks with cocoa butter but I usually forgot to use it. I'm currently 32 weeks with my second (a big boy) and none so far!!! I used cocoa butter religiously this time though. I think its mainly genetics. And don't forget NEVER SCRATCH THE ITCHY BELLY!!! ;)
  • Where do you buy "Bio oil"??
  • I got mine at walgreens
  • @cait_septembermommy hey its never to ealry im 16 w 4d and im buying stuff already
  • I'll b 25wks tomar n I dnt hav ne yet n hopefully I dnt get ne I use palmers cocoa butter w/ vitamin e I guess it wrks for me