When to start worrying about stretch marks?

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
I am only 7 weeks but I bought some stretchmark cream yesterday. it was expensive! When should I start using it? 2nd trimester? Or does it help to start right away? Or does it not matter because it boils down to genetics? Will I ever wear a
Bathing suit again? Wow! Hormones!

Comments

• Id start now I started late with my son got a ton I didn't get very many with my daughter this time my daughter reminds me to put the lotion on I use coca butter. Actually she grabbs the bottle and comes to me and tells me to lay down and pull up my shirt she likes to rub it in she's 9 anyway I'm 20 weeks now and haven't gotten any new marks
  • Ah don't worry! I was really lucky and the only stretch marks I've been left with since having my little boy are on my boobs! I started moisturising my tummy as soon as I found out every day and then when I noticed it popping out I started using cocoa butter with a few drops of bio oil in it. No stretch marks, don't know whether it was the cream or just good luck!
  • Thank you! It must be nice to have a little helper!
  • Well, there is no way to avoid them. :( Moisturize all you can, but it's all in the elasticity of your skin and if your momma/grandmother got them, chance are you'll get them too.
  • Thank you! @littlenat86 I have to remember the boobs!
  • My granny, mom & aunts didn't get them but I did everything n got them @ 8 months with my first. I didn't get any new ones with my second n now with the twins I could care less cuz I have em already n this body will never go back n a 2 piece. LOL
  • Im horrified by stretch marks. Bio oil twice a day. Sometimes 3x. And lots of walking and stretching to keep my weight down which I hope will help too.
  • Don't forget your hips either, they like to spread!!
  • Just keep yourself lotioned. It will at least help with the itch when your belly starts to grow. Anything with cocoa butter or she butter works too. I thought I was gonna be lucky and not get them. But In the last 2 weeks they came up.40 weeks tomorrow.
  • edited March 2011
    My advice when u start scratching..or feel like u itching...use a BRUSH for scrathing ur tummy/boobs/neck/arms/legs..everything....(brush=comb) the comb brush....ordinary comb brush will do...and for u not to gain too much weight so it will prevent ur body body to stretch...avoid eating too much sweets...specially chocolates/cupcakes/candies...I'm 10th week a 1day today..and I just gain 3pounds...goodluck ladies ;;)
  • edited March 2011
    Goodluck ladies ;;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.