first appointment

edited March 2011 in First time moms
Since this is my first child I'm just wondering if you guys can tell me what I should expect at my first appointment. I know they are going to take a ton of blood from me and I will be starting my 9 th week next Monday and that's when my appointment is. Any insight is welcome

Comments

• Your name made me want tater tots soo bad lmao...not really much goes on at your first appointment...lots questions about family history and some bloodwork...maybe a pelvic exam...
  • I just had mine Monday. All it consisted of was medical history questions, questions I had, talking about what to expect plus some blood work and a urine test. He also gave me a quick ultrasound so I could see my baby and not worry so much.
  • I just had mine Monday. All it consisted of was medical history questions, questions I had, talking about what to expect plus some blood work and a urine test. He also gave me a quick ultrasound so I could see my baby and not worry so much.
  • mine was...Blood pressure, weight, pap smear, urine test, lots of blood samples, and ultrasound. I was 6 weeks.
  • is it safe to have a pap when your pregnant? i would imagine that not being ideal...
  • yes it is routine to have a pap i had mine at 12 weeks
  • I cannot sleep I'm so nervous about this first appointment. I go in at 930 and its just not getting here fast enough
  • My first appointment is today at 1. I can't sleep either. So excited and nervous!
  • My first appt went great doctor said other then diet that I was doing great. First ultra sound will be Thursday woot!!!!