what does it feel like when you have a MC

edited January 2011 in First Trimester
i was wondering what it feels like when you miscary? :-((

Comments

• It isn't painful, its like your period but you get chunks with the bleeding and a little more bleeding than normal period blood.
  • Well for me it was the worst experience ever. I was always in pain depressed and it took.me two an a half weeks for it to end... I hope ur not having one and if u are try to stay stong....
  • i had slight cramping but its gone now and i dont have bleeding just a little discharge but i had that when i went to my first doctor appt.
  • I don't think your having a mc. How far along are you..
  • Mine was painful. Like the worse cramps I have ever had. I had mine around 6 1/2 wks but ultra sound showed no baby only sac reg @ 5 wks. I had really bad sharp low back pain. If its uncomfortable for you to go out & do things that's not normal preggo cramps. I kept calling my doc & they said as long as there was no blood then cramping was normal. You know your body more then everyone else. Turns out they were contractions & I started heavy bleeding & clotting the next day. I went to er where they confirmed what I had already known for awhile, I had miscarried. I hope this info helps you on what to be prepared for or to put away doubts u may have.
  • @allsmilez- I am 10 w/ 6 days..

@Tlg81- I am sorry for your loss. I have an ultrasound on Feb 2 so ill up date everyone.
  • I just started bleeding today. It was light pink and now its a little darker but it's not all the time. Its happened twice today. Im scared. This is my first baby. I don't really have cramping but every now and then. I just kinda have pressure.. if that makes sense.
  • @kara_lamek- go to the ER that does'nt sound good :(
  • Im so scared. I can't go right now. Im home alone. Idk anything. I just hit 6 weeks today:(
  • My started of a little bleed no pain went for a scan and i was having a misscarrige at 11 wks and then bleeding got worse with clots and alots of pain for 2 weeks most horrible things to go threw ! Than 2 month later i got pregnant with my healthy babygirl
  • Oh my. Im so sorry.
  • @kara_lamek- don't get scared u really need to go in!

@mummy2be20-I am sorry for your loss, I'm not bleeding or anything my cramping is gone..
  • Alright. Thank you... I hope its not.
  • Mine was like period cramps off and on (which I had with my son as well). Then I had some brown spotting that turned into bright red blood after several hours. Then cramps that were like a really bad period & heavy bleeding with clots for a little over a week. Physically I guess it wasn't "that bad" but emotionally it was hard. I was only 5 weeks so I consider myself lucky that I wasn't farther along. Thankfully we conceived 3 weeks later and I'm 8 weeks along now. What you're experiencing doesn't sound worrisome to me, but if something happens know that there is still hope. I hope everything is fine and goes great for you!
  • Kara, if you are it can't be stopped but going in will at least put your mind at rest. Some spotting is normal and if you aren't miscarrying, stressing is not good for baby. So go in as soon as you can and take care of yourself. I'll be praying things are okay.
  • Ill go when my fiance gets home. Thank you. Ill let you know.
  • I had mine last week Sunday I woke up and was bleeding, I didn't have pain at that time. I called the dr and they said there was nothing they could do so to wait and come in on Monday. I went in for and ultrasound Monday and seen the baby so I thought everything was ok, then I went to the dr for him to give me the results and he said there was no heartbeat and it looked like the baby had passed a few days ago:-( he said it was best to get a d&c done because my body had not passed anything and it could take awhile. This was my fourth prego I was 11weeks and its my first miscarriage. I had the d&c done Wednesday and all night tues I felt like I was in labor, I wanted to go in but I knew I was going in the a.m. so I waited. I don't ever want to go though this again. I am not sure when we will try again but this is one of the hardest things I have been through.
  • @kara_lamek while you wait on your fiance. Just lay Down and put a movie in or something to keep calm. If your pacing the living room waiting, you could bring a problem from a false alarm. Good luck :)