what can i plan for my baby shower??

edited March 2011 in Baby showers
My boyfriends mom is planning the babyshower (mostly, my mom && brothers girlfriend were supost to help also..) but I wanna help! I'm. Starting to get excited about it! I had no say in now many people (most of em I don't know) but its okay I guess.

But I'm not being told anything! I don't even know what kind of food is going to be there! And my dad wants to make something, and I have no clue what type of food my fiances moms sisters are making.. I just wanna help with something. I'm trying to keep myself busy because I have 7 weeks and 2 days left! And advice??

Comments

• You're lucky someone is planning it for you! I had a couple of friends who were going to plan it but here it is 3 weeks away and they've done nothing, so I bought my invites and plan on doing it all with a little help from my mom.

I had decided on a theme and some other little things early on, but changed my mind 2 weeks ago. My one friend had the nerve to tell me she was upset because I never consulted her about changing the time and theme...umm hello it's MY shower so what do you care?! She was too busy getting drunk and babying her "boyfriend". It's like, nothing was getting planned so I figured I'd get the ball rolling.

Anyways, I would express your appreciation, but let them know you would LOVE some say so in the matter. I would be pretty anxious if they decided to not include me what so ever.
  • Well my shower is april 3 only thing I got to do is pic colors so I feel your pain all week I will just be sitting home bored
    Bt express to them u really want to help. Bt wat mad me so mad my aunt called me amd told me she got a great surprise for me at the shower so I begged her to tell me plus she is the one throwinf the shower idk what games or nothing so just hang in there
  • Let them handle it! They want to celebrate you and the miracle you are bringing into the world. If you want to do something get some hostess gifts and buy the Thank you cards, pens and a basket to put them in. Have the guests fill out their addresses on the envelopes as they enter the party. That way you can fill out notes and mail them after the shower. Maybe get some disposable cameras to place around the shower so guests can hep you capture the memories. Just a few ideas... Congrats and good luck!
  • Oh...another idea is to buy a journal or nice paper and ask people to leave words of encouragement, quotes on motherhood or parenting tips. It's fun to read them later.... And if you scrapbook, you can use your favorites.
  • I feel like my fiances mom is only planning this because she likes partys. She doesn't seem like she's into it. My mom gave up trying to help her, because she would either no answer her or do the opposite.

And another thing that's wicked obnoxiouse (tell me if I'm wrong, please!) His mom wanted to wait till the baby shower to give us the crib set, mind you I would of been 36 weeks pregnant, trying to put everything away from the baby shower && having to worry about the crib set..so after a big fight, I got the crib set. And she had the nerve, to tell my brothers gf, (who made the invitations) that we never invited her, or showed her any picture of the set! Uhm excuse me, I posted them on facebook, && she is my friend && I know she saw them! So this time I. Texted her asking her to come see it. She told me to post pictures on fb!!! And I told her, no - I want you to come look at it! She compleatly ignored me, and changed the subject!!! Like lady! MAKE UP UR MIND!!!! Idk if its just hormones that making me so aggravated with her, but oh man!.

Sorry about my rant, I just needed to vent.. :(