23 weeks and still don't know the gender...

I am so frustrated with medicaid! I have turned in sooo many papers and still they take their time! I am so ready to find out what we are having! Everyone is hoping for a boy since there is only 1 in our neighborhood. Lol I am on the fence about it. I want a boy and then I want a girl...I am just ready to find out! I wish they would hurry up!

Comments

• Did u get an ultra sound yet? As soon as u do they can tell u on the spot. I had wanted a boy- but w/in a few hours after I found out it was a girl was equally happy. You will warm up to either idea as soon as u know
  • I can't get on yet without a medicaid number...Medicaid didn't take this long with my first pregnancy....I have a girl already but I'm thinkin another girl would be wonderful because I won't have to buy too much. But a boy would balance our house out and he would hopefully be more like me and I won't have to see pink. Lol I know I'll be hapoy with either one but this is my last pregnancy so I guess I am leaning more towatds boy.
  • That's bull s&*t that sucks call the state and tell them u need to have a us and let them know how far allong u r and tell them I've already missed two what state r u in?
  • Arkansas...I've called my local dhs office but all they tell me is that my case is open and I have to wait. I am tired of waiting! I've called my caseworker and left tons of messages but never get called back...It's very frustrating. @Momof22be
  • That sucks I'm sorry I hope they do something soon jerks
  • Then you need to go in and insist on seeing a supervisor, its illegal for them to prolong it hun. I would go in person and demand seeing a supervisor, then tell him/her your situation and they should fix it up for you right away. I had to do that as well before.
  • What part of Arkansas and what is ur due date??
  • @mommyof22be and @MommyOfTwoPrincesses-I'm going to have to do something. The people here don't care. I hate to act an a$$ but it seems like the only way.
  • You need to hun, if that's what you have to do to get them to get your things ready, than that's what you gotta do!
  • Have you asked for a pending medicaid form? I applied for Medicaid in November and just got it last week being almost six months pregnant. My doctor's office recommended that I call everyday and finally I demanded to talk to a supervisor and they pushed my case through. Just continue to call your case worker everyday and go into the office and ask to speak to a supervisor. Good luck with your pregnancy!
  • @OutNumberedByBoys-I applied in Nov as well because thats when I found out. Got denied because I didn't know I needed to turn in info that they already have...So I turn it in and wait to be denied again because they want more info...I don't have any more to give them so I called and they reopened my case so I am waiting again...I normally call every other day but I will call them everyday and if they refuse to help I will go up there.
  • Have you asked to make an appointment so that you make sure they have everything that they need? My doctor's office says they hate to be constantly bothered, so they will take care of the case sooner, which seemed to work. Will your doctor take pending medicaid? If so the office will give you a form that is good for 45 days that has your medicaid number on it.
  • This wat u do go to the er n just say ur hurting or something n when they do an u/s ull know wat ur having n when the bill come n put it on the Medicaid paper on the part where it says do u have any pass bills dated 3mths back that's wat I did with my 2nd
  • Plus they should have given u a pre approved paper go n person
  • @OutnumberedByBoys-I haven't made an appointment because my caseworker is through the hospital I use and I can never get ahold of her...Should I make one to see a supervisor? My doctors office accepts pendibg letters for everything but ultrasounds. I have to have my medicaid number before they do my ultrasound.
    @Zexy4da011-I actually thought about that but I went to the er back in Dec because I was gushing blood and thought I was miscarrying and I owe almost 4500 for that visit. I am calling first thing in the morning to get some answets as well as calling my doctor and if that doesn't work I will go up there.
    Thank you ladies for your advice!
  • do they know you are pregnant? There shouldn't be a waiting list for pregnant ppl.. They tried to do that to me and I stated bawling and was like I can afford my first apt its 3 grand and my first baby and blah, they stopped me in the middle of that and.said oh you're pregnant that changes everything, instant approval. But my case worker NEVER calls back.
  • Lol I forgot I was on my hubbys phone
  • @Shannah79-I am originally from Murfreesboro but I currently live in Hot Springs and July 30th.
    @DublinDaddy-yes they know I'm pregnant but are still taking their time. I'm not a crier but if I have to for things to get done I will.
  • Yea u should speak with a supervisor do what u gotta do to get things done. :)
  • I'm due July 20th:) Good luck with everything....I'm only about 3 hrs from you:)
  • @shannah79-my husbands bday is the 20th :)...Good luck to you as well!
  • @QuowaniSemaj_0711 I'm from ark, where r u at? I'm in nwa n I went to the community clin
  • Clinic to apply and they hav a caseworker on site... did u go thru Medicaid thru a Dr office??
  • @mybabyuno-Central Ark..Hot Springs. I went thru my local dhs office who turned my case over to the caseworker at the hospital.
  • Wow they shouldn't be taking that long!! I would definitely be talking to a supervisor bc it sounds like ur caseworker isn't doing much work on ur case.