rectal bleeding is it normal?

edited March 2011 in Third Trimester
I am 36 wks and just went to the bathroom #2 and wiped and there was blood. I do not have hemroids wth is this? Someone help please....

Comments

• U prob have hemroids that just haven't showed themselves was the blood dark or light
  • I'd say you have hemmroids.
  • As long as it stops! I bled after a difficult poop a while ago. Scared the hell out of me because I wiped the front first and found blood. But sometimes you just bleed after a difficult poo.
  • But it wasn't difficult.. its got me worried bad!
  • Docs will give you suppositories to get rid of it. Could also be a small tear.
  • Internal hemroids I've had them most of my life. Increase fiber and whole grains :)
  • Is it mixed in your loop or just on it is what you need to look for
  • Yea sounds like hemroids dark blood is what u worry about
  • Well I went poo and didn't go very much at all and when u wiped I seen just blood no poo.
  • I had quite a bit of bleeding today but it hurt while I was going #2 so I'm thinking that's what did it. I'm gonna ask my dr about it next time though
  • Thanks everyone I hope it is just hemroids.. I worry to much....
  • Yu probably were straining to hard
  • Has anyone else experienced this? And have talked to ur dr or midwife about it?
  • Me! All the time... your lil pooper can tear while you poo. There are lots of blood vessels down there. Don't worry. If its light to bright red its probably coming from the anus- not your intestines. Just mention it to the doc- its more common than you think.
  • I have the same problem but its doesn't hurt and im not constipated. Its bright red. Should I call the dr?
  • I have to take iron, so I take colace also- I'm not constipated either, but you can go everyday and still have hard stools that can make a small tear. Bright red blood means fresh blood... I wouldn't worry about it unless the bleeding doesn't stop after a few good wipes.