what should i expect...

edited March 2011 in Second Trimester
I'm finding out the gender of our baby tomorrow afternoon and I'm super excited but at the same time a little nervous on what to expect since this is my first...so I'm looking for some tips on what to expect and how the whole process works

Comments

• Expect many pictures!!! It's nerve wrecking having to find out the sex but i think it's an amazing experience. I'm a crier and I think I was so overwhelmed and amazed that not one tear had a chance to fall lol I'm not sure if they're all the same but it's sorta like your 1st ultra sound but more detailed. They look for all the organs and check on the heart w/ it's 4 chambers. They record all the measurements and also the amount of fluid there is. That's really about it! They say you should drink water before the U/S but I'm not sure if it makes a difference. Just relax and enjoy!!!
  • Thanx that's really helpful..about how long is the whole process? I hope its not too short...I'm really anxious to find out we've been waiting for this day hopefully baby peanut cooperates lol