Ultrasounds

edited January 2011 in Pregnant
Ive had one ultrasound so far at 18 weeks to find out the sex.(its a boy :) ) and was wondering if anyone knows if ill get anymore or if thats it?

Comments

• Congrats! I'm having a boy tooo! But you usually only get 3, unless there's something wrong or if you have certain medical conditions.
  • I only get one :( what the desk said when I made my first appt
  • Okay thanks! Im hoping to have another just to be sure that its a boy :)
  • Congrats I'm having aboy too. U useless don't uless u go get the 3D 4D pics I'm do that when I'm 32weeks.
  • Ive been meaning to ask my dr. I go back friday
  • Usually one around twenty and thirty two according to my what to expect book
  • I had 3, I think they were at 8 weeks to make sure there was a baby, then around 16 weeks I think, not sure, for down syndrome and other testing but it was optional, and last one was at 20 weeks for the sex. I don't get another unless something is suspected to be wrong...
  • I've had two already... and will get one every two months... or more depending on the Dr...
  • Lucky! Lol if the last one is at 20 weeks I dont think I will get another then :(
  • I've had one at 12 weeks to confirm due date. And Im going to fight for another one around 36 weeks to make sure baby isn't to big, bc my 1st was 9 lbs and was to big for my body, and had cimplicatio
  • Wow I hate my smart phone! Lol. My 1st had complications coming out and got stuck
  • Oh, but ill also get one to tell the sex to usually around 18 weeks.
  • you usually get your dating scan (around 12 weeks)... sexing scan around 20 weeks, and growth scan at 32 weeks... however, it didnt work like that for my pregnancies... i ended up with about 15 scans with both kids cuz of numerous issues... lol x
  • Well in my town we get one when u make ur first appt ...to c how far along u r..2nd ones are to make sure no adnomarlties...3rd is to determined the.sex n the lst ones r to make sur everything is.still lookin good in there....also the offer 3/4Ds...at a prices tho i think its a 100buck down here
  • I had one at 9 weeks just for due date and I had one at 14 weeks just to check cervical length cause I had a cone biopsy and they were worried about my cervix streching and I have one march 10th for the sex and that's it I wouldn't have got the 2nd one if they weren't worried anout cervix
  • @mama_underpants im kinda nervous because my bf was a 9 ib 11 oz baby and he shoulda been a c section but wasnt and he broke his collar bone coming out. At 18 weeks ours was already half a pound and the books say he should be less. But who knows! Lol
  • @maymommy They should've broke my sons collar bone, but didn't. He ended up with brachial plexus palsy. He couldn't move his left ARM for months after he was born.if your bf was that big id explain that to the docs and insist on another u/s later at like 37 weeks. With my 2nd they constantly monitered her size, and now with this one they are going to do the same. Good luck, just a fyi tho, my 2nd was smaller, by 3oz, but it hurt all the same! Lol
  • @mama_underpants I will talk to my dr about it. I never even thought about telling him.
  • It is completely different for every doctor; I'm 14 weeks & have had 2 us's already. With my daughter I had 4 or 5. They usually always do one at 32-35 weeks to check the size, but be warned; they told me my daughter would be 7 1/2 lbs & she was really 9lb 4oz... so its not an exact science! Good luck!
  • I've had 2 one at 6 weeks. One at 18 weeks and ill have one more a few weeks before my due date to see the baby's position and make sure everything looks ok for delivery :)
  • I have a question I'm 9 weeks and 1 day my first appointment is Wednesday will I get an ultrasound? ??
  • @katie, depend on doctors... As for me, i havent get ultrasound till march 17... jeez. long way to go.. I m only 6 weeks.
  • I'm 9wks and had my first dr appt last week. Saw the baby and heart beat. I was excited. My next appt is march 24th for a sonogram.
  • I'll be in my 10th week when I see my doctor next. Think I'll get an ultrasound? I'm super excited to see the heart beat :)
  • @katie Idk I didnt see a dr till 14 weeks and all they did was a heartbeat and week 18 I got ultrasound. Every dr appt since then has been heartbeat measuring my belly weight and blood pressure. Friday I have the glucose screeing and dr appt.
  • i got one done at 14 was supposed to be at 20 weeks they were off on the due date. dr scheduled another one due to enlarged kidneys go in on the 14th hopefully will see that everything is ok and what it is although from what i read enlarged kidneys are more common for boys then girls so we will see
  • Really? The told me everything was good. But due to drinking 32 oz of water before and having it pushing on it I dont remember much bc I had to pee so bad.
  • from wat ive read the problem usually fixes its self by the time the baby is born just might mean more ultrasounds to keep an eye on his or her kidney growth
  • Oh I see how far are you?
  • 18 & 2 days