I crave hot chips and spicy foods??

Are these cravings normal and is it safe for the baby :-?

Comments

• I want to know too since I'm Mexican and boy do I love my hot sauce!
  • Hot and spicy food was the only thing that would settle my son down when he was super active late in my pregnancy *he lives for curry and salsa now*
  • Lol yea im mixed half mexican half black but for some reason I love some spicy food
  • mmmmm hot chips :)
  • @beaded_bunny well I guess it wnt hurt the baby I was just concerned!
  • I dont know if its safe but I crave only spicy and sour or like tamarindo im mexican lol for some reason sweets dont hit the spot I dont like sweet but I was wondering if this has anything to do with the gender? I heard spicey n salty are for a boy ans sweet for a girl do you know what your having? Sorry I feel like a detective with all these questions lol its my first so yeah very lost:)
  • Oh mine is jalipano (sp?) juice!!! I dont want the 'meat' of the pepper just the juice... Addicted to it!! And I dont like spicy normally!!
  • @fiirstTimeMommy2b yes this is my first child also and I find out what im having april 11 so very soon!and I heard that also about the gender but I also have a taste for sweets alot to..this,baby got me all mixed up ~:>
  • same here!! hot chips & hot wings &steamed seafood.. all I crave bsides sour pickles.. my doc said its fine to consume, but it may cause heart burn to mom.. BUT causes no harm to bby!! I eat spicy foods all the time (no heartburn,yet..)
  • @FiirstTiimeMommy2b: I'm craving tamarindo too! and alot of sour like fruit with lots of lime and salt or tomatoes with salt and lime too. And I have a "Feeling" its a boy so maybe its true.
  • Yea no heartburn for me either I feel so much better I am not the only one cus sum ppl say its bad for the baby
  • @Blessed_wifey aww lol these babies what are they doing to us (:! and aww when are you due? @1stTimePreggo i have a feeling its a boy too!! :) I live near El Paso so theres never a tamarindo missing at my house lol and I love salt haha!
  • @FiirstTiimeMommy2b: Yeah LOL, I live in a suburb of chicago where there are alot of Mexicans so any grocery store that I go to they have tamarindo. Up until yesterday I had a bunch of those plastic white spoons that they sell with the tamarindo on them. Mhhhm gotta go re-stock. The other day we were sitting at a family party and out of nowhere I pull out a tamarindo spoon from my purse and my bf sees me from across the room, he's like "what the hell are you eating now?" lmao
  • Yes Spicy Foods Are Fine I Crave Them && Eat Them 24/7
  • @Blessed_Wifey aww yay congrats(:!!! Im due oct 10th(:! @1stTimePreggo I know I carry my emergency stash lol! I can be in the middle of class and whip out my candy its hillarious(: ppl laugh at me haha
  • Candy Makes Me Spit Alot @FiirstTiimeMommy2b
  • Ahhh mee too and the gender thing might be true! With my daughter I craved lots of sweets especially chocolate and I hate chocolate!! And now all I want is spicy food!!
    @FiirstTiimeMommy2b I wait for the ice cream truck to bring me my tamarindo! Hahaha I live in el paso!
  • Yes its.totally safe! I love spicy food! Just be prepared for heartburn. Also some people say it may help to induce labor when your close or past.due.date
  • @MyMonkeyFamily really!!! I hope so I want a boy :) but will be happy to have ether and I live in Las cruces lol yay foubd someone close :)!
  • @fiirsttiimeMommy2b thanks!!congrads to you also :-)
  • @Laurenmarie729I thanks for the advice
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I loveeeeeee spicy food and hot chips. Hot chips hot fires yes need a bag now
  • @FirstTimeMommyToBe aww really!! Everyone is telling me girl but I have a feeling its a boy(! Yummy lemos sound good with salt(:! Or liquid chilly like with some fruit(: mmm:)
  • I don't think it would be harmful
  • @FiirstTiimeMommy2b Me too I hope I get my boy this time! :) yay! I been looking for ppl close to me cuz all my friends are too cool for me now that im pregnant they only call me to borrow my clothes lol (bitches)....

All u ladies got me wanting spicy food now!! Im broke and dont get paid till tomorrow!! Lol ughhhh thts a long wait!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @FirstTimeMommyToBe you give me hope that im having a boy now! Yay! 8->
    My bd is working too! Ughh I hate tht he works 2 jobs now!