how many of you are going to try to start labor starting at 37 wks

Comments

• @Kristenmarie lol but I want her to come for Easter. I pray she doesn't come April 7 cause that is my dads anniversary of his death and also its the day he met my mom
  • I self induced at 42 weeks went on a ling trip 609 miles and took cohosh when I got home. I was in labor less than 6 hrs later. Sometimes it is ok to self induce! :-)
  • @itsagirl what is cohosh?
  • It makes your contractions harder. U can use blue n black cohosh. But I had a midwife help me its a liquid that you use a dropper. Only a few drops it very potent!
  • I think my daughter (9 yrs now) was waiting for my bday but I wasn't having it we induced 9 days late if it was my bday she would have been 13 days late
  • I think because of my small build I may not make it to forty plus at 13wks 1dy I still haven't gained anything
  • I was convinved at 37 weeks i would self induce, but than i got nervous that maybe she wasnt ready to come out and then i would feel horrible, im now 39 due thursday and have tried everything with no luck. My birthday is thursday so i want her to come then
  • @proudmomma102011 I am still 11 lbs lighter then when I got pregnant. I only gained 4 lbs with my first and she was 8 days early. Lol I wouldn't want to go 40+ wks
  • @firsttimemomct I hope you have your baby on your birthday :)
  • Im 35 wks & im in pain but im moving this weekend so he can stay in there 40wks lol
  • @tiff87124 I'm sorry about your experience. I know the dangers lol this isn't my first child. I was just curious to see how many people are going to do it. Besides the baby wont come till ready.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ashleyfew lol my friend did castor oil it was nasty. I honestly don't think anything works. Its a fun tradition to try though. As long as its being safe and not stupid :) I'm just going to do lots of walking since I couldn't do much till now and I'm doing primrose oil. Other than that I'm good lol.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2011
    I used the evening primrose oil capsules (internally) and they did nothing but out of desperation at 41 1/2 weeks I tried castor oil. TMI- I woke up with horrible gas and bowel issues (way worse than the contractions) and it kickstarted my labor. The castor oil was better than pitocin which is why I tried it. If I go to long again this time I would try it again but I hope I don't have to. :-)
  • I am...just because I personally know 2 people who lost their babies from the cord being wrapped,one went to her check up 3 days before she went to be induced and heard babys heartbeat :( my son was born at 37 because I was really sick and my doctor felt bad,his cord was wrapped 3 times around his neck and he was blue! I just always was scared after that,what might have happened in 3 weeks!?! My anxiety is too bad lol.
  • @sdubois my daughters cord was wrapped and she was blue and purple but as soon as the Dr unwrapped it she screamed and turned pink.
  • Heads up to anyone* who does castor oil or is considering it, it has a laxitive effect which can cause the baby to have a bowel movement in the uterus which can cause SERIOUS problems.
  • Pne6411 that's a complete myth n their is absolutely no medical documentation to back that up
  • I never said to use castor oil I was just saying theirs no documentation stating it will make the baby have a bowel movement. N I don't recommend anything with out talking to doc or midwife first. None of us are qualified to recommend anything.
  • my brothers bio mum took a bottle of caster oi" at 27 weeks nearly killed him he was born 500g he lived but that sadly was not her intention
  • @bummy87 that's so sad. Why did she take it so early?
  • i am scheduled to be induced at 37.weeks on april 29...i very excited but very nervous..
  • @Erica_Barrett congratulations! I wish I could be induced that early. I may be induced around the 29th lol but I will be almost 40 weeks
  • Proudmamma, sadly she didnt want him, then they gave her the baby to leave the hospital with n she ended up back in hospital bcause she didnt feed him, sick woman, thankfully he grew up alright
  • @bummy87 that's so sad. I'm so thankful he is okay. How old is he now
  • @itsagirl ... Castro oil DOES make the baby poop in the amniotic fluid that can POSSIBLY be swallowed by mouth.

It is not a myth... I tried it and it happened to me. Plenty of medical web sites also state it.

Waiting until your baby is ready is your best bet.
  • My Mum must of done this, I pooed as I was coming outta her, came out covered in poo (ano gross) she was in hospital with an infection for a week after it!
    Im 38 weeks on Sat, just gonna take each day as it comes now, when it happens it happens x