birth control.....

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
So I'm trying to decide between mirena and implanon and I've heard a lot about mirena but not so much about implanon. Has anyone used either and can share their opinion?? I could really use some advice!

Comments

• Love to help but I'm just as undecided. Mirena seems awsome but I'm unsure to place it up there. May go with the low dose pill.
  • I heard that if you do mirena you can still breast feed.My sister is on it and loves it and doesn't have alot of hormones and all you do is do a self check and make sure its in the right place.
  • the doctor puts it in and then teaches you how to check it every month.
  • I'm also considering doing the iud I googled about it and wrote down all the questions I had and brought them to my appointment and disgusted them with my midwife
  • Which ones the implanon the stick tht goes in ur arm right?
  • @shmegs I got pregnant while on the pill so I'm ready to try a different route

I'm just concerned about mirena bc my bf's sister had it and it ended up moving outside of her uterus, below her ovary and the drs had to do surgery to remove it
  • I was on mirena and I personally didn't like it I stopped my reg period but would spot alot it was like everytime I went anywhere it was a hassle. I also felt unhappy the entire time I had it once it was removed my mood improved alot. But this is just me another person I know was on it and loved it but I had alot of the side effects
  • I wanna get that one but need info on it.. I cant get the mirena plus I dont like tht one...
  • @mommyjenn never had a problem with the pill. Was on it for close to 10 years. Stopped in November of 2009 and got prego June of 2010. I've heard many stories about getting prego on the pill though. Let me know if u find and good info about the mirena!
  • @mymonkeyfamily I know so women who got mirena but not one that got implanon....I'm the kind of person that listens to other peoples stories and that kind of stuff before making a decision on something like this so it's difficult to choose without hearing any personal experiences
  • My bf won't let me get an iud because someone told him he will be stabbed by the wire when we have sex haha. I say let him suffer, he got me pregnant.
  • Implanon lasts 3 years and only side affects are your period might be heavy at first ...its a little plastic white rod they put in your arm ...I've talked to my doc a lot about it and its what I'm going with since I'm not comforatble with mirena or iud and would forget to take the pill
  • Yea I cant get mirena cuz ive had cyst in my ovaris since I was 14 and tht has a side effect of possible cyst soo i would deff get worse...
    I really want the implanon but I havent much bout it
  • I think I'm going to go with implanon.....I'm just too scared of the negative side effects with mirena