is 3 months to soon...

edited January 2011 in Pregnant
Me and my fiance are planning for our first baby, and I have my first appointment wed. And if everything goes well we plan to get the crib this weekend. I know it sounds early, but we are using the debit cards we received from a rebate on our cell phones. But we have to save money for a new house, our lease is up the month before my due date, plus getting other large essentials for the baby, it would be nice to get at least one big thing off the list, but should I wait?

Comments

• I think you should go for it! Me and my husband were so excited we bought the crib, changing table, and dresser when I was 4 months we didn't even know the sex yet. Im 5 months now and found out its a boy and im glad I already got that big chunk of stuff already bought so now I can spend my time decorating and getting his room ready :)
  • Idk about others here but I say get what you can while you can.
    I'm going to look into those cribs that turn into daybeds then later into full beds. It looks like the best investment ever! They are about $400± and they come in all styles
  • @ashes that's what I bought I think it really is the most for your money I don't know if you have access to babys r us but they have so many!
  • Yeah I got that crib and the side doesnt go up far enough on the day bed that ur kid can still fall out
  • I bought a crib at 13 1/3 wks lol. We went straight from the dr. To ikea to buy nursery stuff. We had everything set up by 5 months. Now we're just buying diapers and wipes and some clothes
  • @ junebbyboy thanks, well probably go ahead and get it, I was just wanting some opinions bc some people act like its to soon.

@ashes that is what I'm getting Target has one that I'm getting for 178 its 4 in 1 beds plus has a changing table that becomes a dresser.
  • @kayleigh27 that would be me if I didn't have to move
  • How far along are you? Not to be a Debbie downer or anything but I think you should wait. You're trying to get a new place. That's just extra stuff to store then move.
  • My hubby would say too soon but im ready to buy it all and im 9 wks
  • @jcmommy I know that's the other thing I'm debating. But I'd rather already have it then wait until I'm 9 months to get everything...so its like Im in the middle
  • I'm knocking the crib off the list soon also.
  • I think as mommy's we want to buy buy buy but I heard it was bad luck till after 3 months. But I'm 7 weeks and I wanna do the baby's room so bad!
  • I'm only 11 weeks an I'm goin to get the crib, changing table, an dresser this month
  • @aaronsarmywife yeah I heard that too, I told my fiance I was afraid it was bad luck. But it will make it easier in the end...now its what to do about mom in law, she has 9 grand kids so far and she want to be in the delivery room. She has been in there for her daughter, who has 4 and her son who has one. I just want my mom and fiancee in there, and she's not respecting my decision and is trying to pressure me into having her in there. It's a first experience for the three of us, and my moms first grand child...I don't want her to feel pushed aside bc his mom has been in there for 5 already...should I just fold and be pist or keep with what I want to do?
  • That wasn't all to @aaronsarmywife BTW lol.
  • @mscheyla omg really I'm def gonna go 2 target 2day dat sounds like a great deal like where is the catch?!
  • Im 5 weeks and i have been givin a crib before i was pg.lol
  • No. That's it Walmart has one with out the changing table too
  • Lol I had a crib years ago but moved and forgot it in the shed
  • Its your moms first grandchild? If so she deserves to be in there IF you want her in there! Don't let her pressure you..
  • It's my moms and I want her and my fiance in there and that's it. And we told the mil that that was how I wanted it, she called me last night and was like you know I want to be in that room. And when my fiance told her she was like well I might as well not come to the hospital at all, she is such a brat. But Im trying to think of what to do, she is the kind to start a huge argument at the hospital that would involve security dragging her out but I don't want to sit and simmer on the fact she us in there. I just wanted to make sure I didn't sound likr a you know what either for not wanting her there