Pasted your due date?

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
I'm not past my due date. BUTTTTT I feel like I had enough of being pregnant. I walked, I had sex, & I danced LOL. But nothing!!!! Babygirl just doesnt want to come out! I'm tired and I feel really uncomfortable with this big belly. Anyone went past their due date? Or does anyone KNOW of any other way to go into labor?

Comments

• I'd like to know any ideas too! I'm currently 4 days overdue and all my midwife keeps saying is she's very happy in there! :-) lol she has many little clothes waiting for her.
  • Congrats on ur babygirl! I hope & pray she arrives soon! Have you tried any ideas?
  • Thank you. Congrats to you too! I've tried walking, sex, a little bit of spicy food and raspberry leaf tea but struggling with the tea since it is VILE lol. Getting difficult to do the walking and sex though lol have you been having any contractions yet?
  • Thank! I have had some little ones but they aways seem to go away. Have you? For how long do you walk? Last time I walked I just walked a mile. I want to go again today but this time I'll be walking 2 miles! If I can... ;;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm not sure about that...I'm afraid to try it!
  • I've had a tonne but they don't last long enough and go away after a few hours. I don't walk too far at a time really, just about a mile not much more lol. And I haven't tried castor oil just because unsure of the true side effects, some people swear by it but i'm trying to avoid it. :-)
  • Castor oil worked for me i took it at 9 at nite i was n labor at 1am n dat same day my doc said i was only dilated at a 2 n come bk monday to induces.. Hopefully this pregnancy baby aint as stubborn as my last two
  • I was 6 days overdue with my first born and I walked to the Hospitol... about 2 miles.. it was a very nice summer night and had 4 people walking with me. I arrived advised the doc that I was having contractions and can I be checked just to make sure.. sure enough the nurse checked me and broke my water by mistake (I guess) and they admitted me right there and then. I was sooo Happy ... But I was in labor for 28 hours. I felt like if I would have waited it out to the max, my labor would not have been so difficult. I was progressing very slow and whenever they did something to speed it up, the baby was not responding to it well. So now.. with my second.. I am going to wait and wait, walk, eat spicy food, have sex, drink tea till the time is maxed out! I hope you deliver soon... and I hope that your body is ready when you are!!
  • I'm 2 days overdue. Tried castor oil (very gross to swallow) didn't work but sure cleaned me out. Been walking an hour everyday and also drink raspberry tea every night and morning for 2 weeks now. Still nothing however it looks like she has dropped down lower so fingers crossed. Im tired and hot and very cranky nowadays. Sooo uncomfortable...
  • Oh and I've also lost close to $800 in the last 2 weeks by not being able to work so that pisses me off even more. Baby or not bills still need to get paid urgh
  • I hope these 2 miles I am about to walk work! Ladies wish me luck!!
  • Good luck!!!!!
  • I am not past my due date but I feel like it. I want this baby out!! Lol but I won't do castor oil.
  • My due date was supposed to be April 4 my son was born 3-15-11 at 7 lb 4oz at 37 weeks. This was my first and I had a natural birth with no epidural or meds and was dilated 4 cm when my water broke. Then 4.5 hours later I had him. Walking the day before around the mall I guess helped and sex the week before also lol. Good luck to you all!
  • Nipple stimulation but it didn't work for me
  • I wouldn't advise castor oil as it causes diahorrhea which then causes stomach cramps which will initiate contractions. Midwives here in the UK advise against castor oil as it brings a whole world of problems with it.
  • Spicy foods and caster oil are suppose to get your bowels moving and contracting and get labor contractions going. Baby decides when they're coming we can only hope that the things we do are helping.
  • Vacuuming? Long walk at the mall too that worked for me after being 3 days late