how do u kno if u are having a miscarriage?

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
I'm a new ,mom 13wks .and my husband and I have tried for 4years. And I am so scared of having a miscarriage and I dnt kno wht to look for ....PLS HELP !!!

Comments

• all i know is cramping and bleeding and sometimes not even that. sorry i cant help more but the risk is less great past 12 weeks
  • If you start bleeding red new blood and filling a pad every hr usually also it can be painful a lil worse then reg cramps.. and clots. I had one a yr ago.. best of luck to u! Why did u wana know? Are u bleeding?
  • Like the others said, unusual cramping, bleeding... but sometimes there are no symptoms at all. You just need to trust your body knows what its doing. First trimester is the most risky so your really past the scary time already. Try not to worry and stress about something you can't avoid or change if it was to happen, since stress and worry is so bad for bubs.
  • I know the feeling honey...I'm 17 weeks now but I have had 2 previous m/c & they both started w/ spotting bright red...The bleeding get's worse after a day or two & then the cramps really kick in:( I was so scared when I found out about this baby but my Dr said once they find a fetal heartbeat, there's only a 5% chance of m/c! Hope this helps ease your mind too:) Congrats & good luck to you...PS-Stressing about m/c won't help either.
  • Usually What the other ladies said for the start of a mc but mine was very different. I was walking to my biology class (felt no pain, had no bleeding earlier, etc.) And it felt like i peed myself but it was blood.(sorry tmi). Just telling you my experiece. Just think positive and d9nt worry.:) your baby will be alright.
  • At CajunMom uve put me at ease after u hear the heartbeat its a 5% chance I've heard my baby heartbeat at 8wks but I haven't been back since then I'll b 10wks tues. That's when I go. I've been to the hospital five days ago they couldn't find the heartbeat but they didn't do a vaginal ultrasound my hcg was over 9000 or 90000 idr
  • U ladies are great! I thought that was the way ,but I read on the discussion broad where woman didn't kno until they went to the doctor, and it scared me. But I feel a lot better. And I haven't had any symptoms
  • The scary thing is that some women don't even know they miscarry, they just go in for a regular us and they are told the baby stopped growing at such and such week. That scares me, can't wait to go to my us today to make sure evrything is ok.
  • @preggooct10 that is what happened in my case. This was my first pregnancy as well and I had no idea anything was wrong. I went to the dr last Monday for a typical 12 week appt and they didn't find a heartbeat. The baby passed around 9 weeks 5 days, but i carried it till 12, and probably would have carried it even longer if I didn't opt for the D&C.
  • Oh no, @lil_bit17 that scares me so much! I haven't heard my babys heartbeat cuz I've only had one apt. My next apt is next tuesd....I'm scared that's what they will tell me as well..I'm sorry for your loss.:( can I ask you what is a dandc?
  • And did you have any signs at all?
  • A d and c is essentially an abortion for a misscarried fetus.
    @lil_bit17 im soo sorry to hear about your loss.
  • Sorry girls i didn't mean to post this to scare yall! Although this rarely happens, it is still possible. @tandtsbb I had no symptoms of a miscarriage at all. I heard a strong heartbeat at 8 weeks 1 day, so I thought everything was going great! When I went for the 12 week appt and no heartbeat was found, they told me I could wait around and try to pass it or have a D&C performed that night. I chose the D&C because I did not feel I could emotionally handle waiting around and watching it pass. A D&C stands for dilation & curettage. It is a surgical procedure performed either at the hospital or your doctors office. They dialate your cervix and remove the contents in your uterus by using a curettage tool to scrape it out. The procedure only took about 30 minutes and was painless. They put you under anesthesia for it.
  • @tandtsbb and upnorthmom thank you so much for the support! Im hoping I get my cycle back quick so we can start trying again! =)
  • @lilbit its hard to hear ,but its sumthg we need to kno. I am so sorry for your lost