Maryjuan testing after birth in nm

edited April 2011 in Health
ok this is a question, and if your just gona critisize I dont want to read it. But I was wondering if anyone knew the laws in,new mexico about drug testing during labor, I used to smoke pot but stopped when I found out I was prego, then a month ago I gave in and took a couple hits, I felt horrible afterwards cuz what if I test postive during labor I dont want to loose my child but I really dunno any,laws about newmexico drug testing. I am due in 5 weeks. And I hant touched or let anyone smoke by,me becuz the fear of loosing,my child. Please no judging or telling me how horrible a mother I am.

Comments

• I think ull b fine.. 5 weeks is a long time away.. Juss drink lotsa water n cranberry juice? Under law they can't drug test u unless u know bout it or sign a paper.. They will never know..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well weed is out ur systen in 30 days.. just dont let yourself around it for now on and you should be fine
  • I can't imagine in stays in your or babies system after 5 weeks, especially if it was a hit or two. I remember one night I got blazed out of my mind and the next day I was called about a job and had to do a drug test that afternoon. (Of course, this was like 7 years ago and I wasn't pregnant, so don't start bashing me either lol.)

I am not familiar with the laws down there, and I certainly cannot say for sure, but I would THINK you're okay and will not test positive for MJ.

Good luck!
  • Im still worried though everyone keeps telling me im gonna lose her, and I hear the stories of babies being taken away cuz they tested positive during labor. But I have been dowing bottles of water cranberry juice causes sores on my tongue
  • Even if they do drug test baby, they r lookin for a high concentration of thc. U dont have much, talk to ur doctor and see what they say. U can always use hypothetical questions... :bz
  • Ull b fine juss relax..stressin is bad for ur bby :)
  • Just chill grl ull be fine
  • Can you call the local hospital and ask on a "friends" behalf? Try not to smoke anymore..3mo isn't far away.
  • It won't be in your urine, but It's in your blood/hair follicules for 3-4 months...but why would they test u? Do u have a history?
  • @almost4 @kritten_octoberbby and @bke913 thank yall too im a worrier, kinda the reason I used to smoke. Im worried it wont b outta my system becuase im a bigger girl
  • @pregnantlettemama i didnt know how much they were lookig for but glad to know its alot cuz I didt smoke much aat all was months before I smoked again @jaime77 I was thinking of it @cinnabon nope I have no history of it but,tge office did a test that I ddnt no about and I came up positive even tho I hadnt smoked in 4 months, later I found out,my phenergan can cause false positives for thc.
  • To be honest i never heard of ppl being drug tested while pg or after pg.. lol you probably wont have anything to worry about anyway
  • Thank u. Im,trying to be happy. But I cant help the stress. I dont have any relief lol,anymore.
  • I just hear stories from friends. Then I heard that if ur on medicaid they test anyway
  • Drink cranberry juice u will b fine
  • I don't think they normally test fot it just the harder stuff but I dnt know in nm and normally they have to have a reason to test
  • It still worries me. But im not gonna smoke again for a while. Thanks everyone for the replies
  • I just looked it up
    Under the womens jusice project they can't test go to
    Www.nmwpj.org
  • The more you weight, the longer it will take to get out of your system. In texas with all the test they perform after a baby is born, if they find drugs in the babies system, they take the child. One lady had to fight to get her child back cause of a poppy seed muffin she ate. (poppy seed comes up positive like weed)
  • @tiff87124 was just relaying the info from the site there were other sites that said the samething that's why I included the site.
  • @monica poppy seed comes up as opitates (can't spell). My brother got poped in the military for eating a poppy seed muffin
  • @tiff87124, do you know if they take hje baby right away or if they give u any chances? :>
  • That smiley came out of no where sorry
  • Taking care of ur child and becoming a mother starts when u r pregnant. I dont care if u dont want to hear it. Kids deserve the best for the start!
  • Not to scare you, but weed stays in,your placenta. But if your doc knows about it they can't do anything. As long as it is,not in your actual system you will be fine. I am in your position too. I am in IA and was really freaked when we found out. They won't take your baby as long as it is not in your system. If you are still wondering call yoir doc anonymously.
  • Yikes thank u. Bt I just hope im clean..