feelings for the ex

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
My boyfriend and I got into a huge confrontation yesterday where he ended it by calling me his exes name!!! But says it was by accident because our situation reminded him of the arguments they had. We've been together for way over a year now so I dont see the confusion. I've since told him to kick rocks but everyone is telling me I am being "petty" over the situation. Am I really being petty?! What would u have done?

Comments

• Idk but if it was me I definitely would've flipped out. Like why would he even say her name unless he's thinking of her but even at that I think about my ex alot and I never have called my husband by his name. Just talk to him and I'm pretty sure you guys can work through it. Good luck
  • Its like I have this baby on the way and im just beyond stressed because not only are we at it, but now his family has gotten involved and feel fit to drop their opinions on the matter which isn't their business. Im so livid I can't think straight. Im scared of losing my baby and to top it all off im alone. I feel so damn trapped.
  • Seems pretty petty personally. Though if your relationship hangs on that, it must not have been much of a relationship anyways.
  • How long were they together? I still sometimes catch myself about to refer to my husband (to other people ) by my ex's name not because I miss my ex but because I was with him for a very long time.. so maybe he is being serious when it was out of habit because if u don't fight this bad usually and they did then I could see just on accident blurting her name..
  • Yeah. I've been with him for a year and a half. I myself was in a very volatile relationship before and we fought constantly but I've never been tempted to call him by my exes name, and we've come to blows a couple times already. I think im more sensitive to it because I can't stand the girl and she makes me miserable and he talks so badly of her that im shocked that he could find comparison in the two of us. Idk. I feel like he still cares about her and im never going to be out of the damn shadow of this ex and him calling me by her name just intensifies those feelings I've already had.
  • He probably just did it to piss you off and now is to ashamed to admit it people say things they don't mean when they are mad I would talk to him about and then move on
  • Me and my fiance was together for 3 years and i some times call him other ppl name.3 weeks ago i called him my dads name. I didnt even know he just piss me of so much. I dont talk to my dad like tat we havin talked in a year. So i dont know how tat happened. He could of been so man and not thinkin and it just came out.
  • Thanx for the advice ladies. Im more calm now n ready to move forward! :)
  • Awe. My bf did that when we were trying to conceive. We nearly broke up over her. And I nearly killed him. A week later we found out we were expecting. I still sometimes wonder if I should have just left then... Good luck!