catheter

edited April 2011 in Giving birth
So, Im still pregnant but I have a question for the mother's who have already had there baby's, do you have to get a catheter during or after birth?

Comments

• If you have an epi
  • If you have a vaginal delivery you shouldn't have one at all. Sometimes they give you one with an epidural I personally didn't they just emptyed my bladder as needed. With a c-section you will need one.
  • If You get an epidural
  • I'm terrified of a catheder. I'm not getting an epideral tho. Shud be ok then. My sis got a catheder tho during vaginal but she was havin twins.. lol ??
  • I got one both of my labors. I did get an epidural, but I loved having it lol. I hate havin to get up to pee. Wish I had one durin the night now :)
  • I had an epidural and catheder(sp?) But they didn't put mine in till after I was numb and took it out right after birth so I never felt it :)
  • edited April 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I only had one when I had a C-section with my first. The second was natural and no catheter. Im not going to lie - I loved having one! After months of non-stop peeing you finally get to feel no urges haha
  • I had an epidural with my first but I didn't have a catheter. At the hospital I go to you get a catheter for a c-section and you get one if you have difficulty urinating after giving vaginal birth. I have had to have a catheter not during labor before and it's really not that bad even without an epidural lol.