does breastfeeding really help you lose weight

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
How long did it take?

Comments

• Idk but I hope so.cause im def going to try & breastfeed
  • Oh yeah, it burns 500 extra calories a day. If u don't chAnge ur diet too much that would be a pound a week without exercising.
  • What if you pump and feed is it the same
  • Yeah, its the milk production that burns the calories.
  • Awesome thanks!
  • yeah it helps burn calories aside from the benifit to the baby its good for mommy too
  • I didn't lose any weight while bfing my daughter.... I didn't start losing weight until after I stopped
  • No it just depends on ur body type amd ur metabolism
  • Didnt help me ive breastfed 3 kids...no dif for mr:(
  • Yes I breastfeed three and plan on breastfeeding this one and from my dr and wic and the lactation consultant they all said its proven cause only when u breastfeed does it cause contractions after the bb is born causing ur uterus to shrink back to normal super faster than bottlefeeding thus causing weight loss!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @marinesangel I totally agree its super healthy for u on top of the benefits for baby but there is nothing wrong with the decision to bottlefeed its a personal choice! But ive had different drs with all my pregnancies and every dr tells me the same thing!
  • Yes yes yes and quickly
  • I never did! In fact I gained while breastferding! My cousin and friend also didn't lose quick... the bestfeedinf facts failed when it came to me and my daughter.
  • Thanks for all yalls advice :-) I hope I do because im having a c section and I won't be able to exercise until at least 6 weeks. And I do want my baby to be extra healthy :)